Covid Vaccination Argentina

....And this posting of someone’s CV means nothing to me, it’s comes across as a bit passive aggressive: in my field you’re as good as your last contract, it’s clear to me that this guy hasn’t done any good work for quite some time. За здоровье!
Interesting....those who know me well or peripherally would definitely not characterize my personality as passive aggressive.

....in my field you’re as good as your last contract....
I agree with the concept if I was looking to hire a service professional such as an electrician, carpenter, plumber, etc.

Good news for those of us who got vaccinated with A-Z: https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-c...ed-by-beta-and-delta-variants-of-concern.html

"One dose of Vaxzevria was 82% effective against hospitalisation or death caused by the Beta/Gamma variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The vaccine also showed a high level of effectiveness against the Delta (B.617.2, ‘Indian’) and Alpha (B.1.1.7, ‘Kent’) variants with an 87% and 90% reduction of hospitalisations or deaths respectively.1 The effectiveness of Vaxzevria after one dose against hospitalisation or death was similar to that of other vaccines tested in the study".

Based on a Canadian study I understand.

Good news for those of us who got vaccinated with A-Z: https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-c...ed-by-beta-and-delta-variants-of-concern.html

"One dose of Vaxzevria was 82% effective against hospitalisation or death caused by the Beta/Gamma variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The vaccine also showed a high level of effectiveness against the Delta (B.617.2, ‘Indian’) and Alpha (B.1.1.7, ‘Kent’) variants with an 87% and 90% reduction of hospitalisations or deaths respectively.1 The effectiveness of Vaxzevria after one dose against hospitalisation or death was similar to that of other vaccines tested in the study".

Based on a Canadian study I understand.
Might just go with the one dose then! Still don’t feel right on day 3

I would not classify Carlos Pagni as merely a "reporter". His professional background:
-Political journalist and newspaper columnist.
-Professor of History at the National University of Mar del Plata.
-Researcher at the Emilio Ravignani Institute of the Faculty of Philosophy and Letters at UBA.
-Previously, Professor of the Chair of History of Political Ideas at the Faculty of Law of the National University of Mar del Plata.
-Provides political consulting services for institutions and companies in the country and abroad.
-In 2002 he was decorated by the Government of the Republic of Brazil with the Order of Rio Branco.
This article tells me all I need to know about Pagni, he disqualified himself from any serious discussion regarding COVID: https://www.pagina12.com.ar/275767-coronavirus-carlos-pagni-desafio-a-la-ciencia-y-perdio

Via Google Translate: "Another strategy is what is called herd immunity. There would be some solution or expectation out there. What does herd immunity mean? That we are getting infected and we are getting immunized. There is a time when that immunity involves so many people that the epidemic begins to subside and the curve begins to seriously decline". The article should be added to his CV.

Fortunately there was strong pushback from Argentinian scientists: "In AMBA [this] means 5 million infected, many with chronic consequences, 100,000 hospitalized in intensive care and 25,000 to 50,000 deaths". (Just in AMBA with 25% of the population). Pagni is nothing more than a rabble-rouser.

23 July 2021 by Caroline Vakil
Beijing-produced Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine produces less antibodies with increasing age, according to a new study by two Hungarian researchers posted on Monday:
....The estimated probability of no antibody response was about 25% in people aged 60 and about 50% at the age of 80 years, according to the study, which was published earlier this week and has not been peer-reviewed. Several elderly subjects were unable to produce any protective antibodies, suggesting that measures should be put in place to prevent an outbreak of COVID-19 among them, the study's authors said....

23 July 2021
The Vaccination Plan for minors. Carla Vizzotti: "We received the Sputnik V protocol to vaccinate children".
The Minister of Health of the Nation, Carla Vizzotti, assured in IP News Central Edition that the Gamaleya Institute sent to Argentina "the Sputnik V protocol to vaccinate children and minors."

In addition, she referred to the approval of the Moderna vaccine for minors between 12 and 17 years of age. "We await the final authorization of the European Union as a regulatory entity on Tuesday, that day we will have a meeting with the ministers of health from all over the country to be able to advance in different things: from the registration of adolescents to the degrees of the various comorbidities" Vizzotti said.

The official said that Moderna's vaccines will begin to be distributed next week and that they were not distributed before because strategically it was a possibility that they would serve adolescents with comorbidities, which number around 900,000 throughout the country. She also announced that "by September, Sputnik V will also be approved for those under 18 years of age". "Until last week of the total number of people killed by Covid-19, 268 were under the age of 20. It is a very low number. We have to evaluate the risk-benefit to determine the vaccination schedule. The priorities are with those who have more risks of getting sick and dying, " she assured.

23 July 2021 at 4:11am
The Russian Fund reported that Bolivia will have priority to receive second doses of Sputnik V. The Bolivian Executive announced that a large part of the "next export batch" of the vaccine will go to the Andean country. Benjamín Blanco, Vice Minister of Foreign Trade and Integration of Bolivia, confirmed that the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) gave priority to the Andean country for the delivery of the second component of the Sputnik-V vaccine. In a letter from the RDIF released by Blanco, the Russian institution stated: “We assure you that the deliveries of the Sputnik-V vaccine to Bolivia are among our main current priorities. Through this note, we would also like to confirm that we plan to ship component two of the vaccine to Bolivia from the next batch available for export from Russia."

"The high efficacy (greater than 80%) of Sputnik Light (1st component of Sputnik V), being comparable with the protection registered by two doses of other vaccines," says the letter, released the same day that the Argentine Executive let the public know that they were having serious problems getting the second dose of Sputnik-V. On the other hand, it was noted in the Russian writing: “The first injection of Sputnik Light has an efficacy of 83.7% with elderly patients (60-79) and only 0.27 of those who take the first dose from Sputnik Light are infected with Covid-19, which is much lower than the AstraZeneca vaccine (0.46%) and Sinopharm (0.49%)”....

Back