Cristina, The Master Diplomat

The president of a country that is depending on the Chinese to buoy up a flagging economy shouldn't be making any kind of joke at the Chinese people's expense. I'd actually say that holds true for any country, not just China.

Individuals making fun of a country's way of pronouncing things is one thing (I don't condone it - I don't even make fun of the way Porteños pronounce "Castellano" as a language :) ) , but the president of a country, or any other representative, shouldn't be acting like that.

But it sure doesn't surprise me that she's clueless, arrogant and "flippant" toward her benefactors.

I dont think it was a joke and neither a message to eastern countries. It was a message to some argentines, using a cliché of western cultures.

Seriously. I guess you also see nothing wrong with Argentine sports teams taking "funny" pictures pulling at the corners of their eyes. The ignorance in Argentina can be horribly embarrassing. Not to mention it's just plain puerile.

Seriously. I guess you also see nothing wrong with Argentine sports teams taking "funny" pictures pulling at the corners of their eyes. The ignorance in Argentina can be horribly embarrassing. Not to mention it's just plain puerile.
Sorry, wasn't that the Spanish Basketball team? Or did Argentina pull that one as well? (Talk about unoriginal, stealing bad jokes from the Spanish!)

And this woman is supposedly a lawyer !!! ???
Now I know why some people were questioning her diploma.
Anyway,... I'm already looking forward to the musical,..."Cristina"...
I see Penelope Cruz in the leading role.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-04/argentine-president-s-tweet-mimics-chinese-during-official-visit

Well, not differentiating L and R, it's common for Japanese and Southern Chinese. And it's offensive.(the joke)

Yeah dude, I know....And even if I ever forgot, my wife would remind me of that fact.

Bad.... Bet she ordered Flied Lice....!! B) Well hope she doesn't go to Puelto Lico.... :wub:

Back