Cristina, The Master Diplomat

You must be joking! It may not be offensive to some Argentines, but it's doubtful that millions of Chinese will not feel somewhat offended by such crass statements. Simply another example of her deplorable diplomatic skills.
I can tell you it's very offensive, and many live the Latin American countries do not know. There are many tasteless jokes in the Spanish speaking counties that are not politically correct and people are not aware of it. The entire Spanish Olympic basketball team (sponsored by a Chinese company) pointed to the corners of their eyes and took a photo.When they were told that the photo was extremely offensive to Chinese people. they insisted " it's not offensive at all". But I do find CFK's joke is amusing this time, she is in China to beg for aid and dinero, her country is falling apart, no oil from Iran, China is her only hope, and she is making fun of the people are her only hope. It's like a homeless person looking down someone who put a quarter in his hand. I am suspecting she is trying to show some pride, in a bad way. Figuratively, she is on her knees in China.

Then you're an idiot. But whether it's offensive or not, it's not acceptable for the leader of your country to make juvenile jokes on Twitter.
Matiasba: it's offensive, especially for president of Argentina. Now you know, next time you and CFK do not make the same joke. :)

And this woman is supposedly a lawyer !!! ???
Now I know why some people were questioning her diploma.
Anyway,... I'm already looking forward to the musical,..."Cristina"...
I see Penelope Cruz in the leading role.

That was covered here recently - as I recall, she has no diploma, and her alma mater has confirmed that none was earned.

Penelope Cruz!? That would be a stretch.

To be fair with Cristina, this is not the worst racism comment to ever come out of the mouth of an Argentine president. Back in 1996, during a diplomatic trip to the United States, when asked about the Black population of Argentina, President Carlos Menem remarked: "Black people do not exist in Argentina, it is Brazil that has that problem".

So, if we look at the trend, this is a sign of progress.

To be fair with Cristina, this is not the worst racism comment to ever come out of the mouth of an Argentine president. Back in 1996, during a diplomatic trip to the United States, when asked about the Black population of Argentina, President Carlos Menem remarked: "Black people do not exist in Argentina, it is Brazil that has that problem".

So, if we look at the trend, this is a sign of progress.

Or equal opportunity cultural ignorance and insensitivity. ;)

Back