Cristina, The Master Diplomat

The Chinese government is holding its tongue, the Chinese people not so much: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-05/chinese-slam-argentine-leader-for-stupid-remark-mocking-accent

I see she is furthering her diplomatic relations by calling the new warship they have purchased from China , Malvinas class. I wonder if it`ll be crewed by penguins and seals, Just to give it an authentic feel?

I actually think the Chinese will be secretly delighted. They threw up a few flags, sucked up a few tasteless remarks and got on with business. They will have been glad to have the intellect and mental capacity of their negotiating partners on display so early.

OOooohhh flags.

Ha, listen to them talk funny.

.....after those displays of child like ignorance that I'd say the Chinese were rubbing their hands and giving each other whatever the equivalent of a high five in Beijing is.

All they want is that land in Rio Negro and a willing partner to guarantee them grain and other raw materials. You can bet SINOPEC are sniffing around the shale gas fields. Anti-US sentiment in govt + dire need + naivety will see CFK sign up to a deal which strongly favours the Chinese.

God forbid they ever go to India, I can only imagine the inanity that would surely follow.

Rude and crude with "hat in hand." And then we always have the shades on when meeting dignitaries. Not a clue the message that is conveyed. A turd in a punch bowl.

Argentina to the Chinese politically culturally speaking is so insignificant. China wont care and won't believe that such a sparsely populated resource rich country cant manage itself. Its simply an opportunity to exploit.

Argentina really doesn't know how to handle itself beyond LATAM.

Back