Current Overstay Fee And Procedure

Hi Again,

Just posting again to see if someone has the answer. Thanks.

I thought I read somewhere that you have to pay the fine, because if not at the airline counter they won't give you your boarding pass. But, here in this thread it says you can exit without paying. Does anyone know about that? That seems like a contradiction.

Also, it is a 3 day window? I have read in another post 10 days.

Lastly, where exactly in the Retiro bus terminal can you pay the fine?

Thanks

SAB15

Lastly, where exactly in the Retiro bus terminal can you pay the fine?

It is possible to pay the fine/fee at the office of migraciones which is a short walk from the Retiro station.

you can also pre-pay the day before at the migraciones office in Aeroparque. I did that last time I overstayed and didn't have to wait or anything.
In Ezeiza, most international flights leave from the same terminal (maybe unless you are flying via other South American countries).
So you go to the back, to the left behind the arrivals gate. You go to the window and they do some paperwork and give you the forms.
You go a few meters away (to the right if you are facing them) to the Banco Nacion office. You wait in line there and pay (the first and only time I paid at Ezeiza, they let me skip the line because I was paying an overstay fine but it was a fluke that the security guard even noticed me holding my form). You pay and go BACK to the migraciones window and they tear the paper (half of it they keep and half they give you as a receipt). You go through check in and then head up to the gates. Before you get to security, you have the line at immigration where everyone goes to "stamp out" and they will view your receipt and write a funny code under your stamp.

Hi Lucha54,

Thanks for your detailed answer. Just to confirm, we paid at Retiro Migraciones. Now, when at EZE, we go to the Migraciones counter before or after checking in with the airline?

Thanks!

SAB15

sab 15,

you have been asking questions about this topic for past 2 years!

did you finally leave or not?

By now, you are eligible for citizenship

Just to confirm, we paid at Retiro Migraciones. Now, when at EZE, we go to the Migraciones counter before or after checking in with the airline?

If you already have the receipt for the payment you made at migraciones in Retiro and they kept half of the receipt when you paid, you should not have to go to the "migraciones counter" at EZE either before of after you check in with the airline.

You will simply present the receipt that you already have when you check in with the airline, and then proceed to the gate, going through the immigration check and security on the way.

Back