Customs At Eze Getting Tough

jeff1234

Registered
There are reports of computers and smartphones being given detailed examinations at EZE.
Has anyone encountered this?

few weeks ago I reported a different attitude from customs.

Not exactly the same situation but custom officers are more alert and opening suitacses more than ever. One guy watching the computer screen and 2 guys standing to assist in same counter to open the suitcases

I noticed something quite unique... Two asian gentlemen with a woman from immigration casting a very watchful eye over people of asian decent while they were getting checked at immigration. I remember Bajo saying he believed there was a racist immigration official - based on my limited understanding it looked like they were checking that procedures were being followed. I could not tell if the two asian gentlemen with the immigration lady were there to support or deny Asian travellers entering the country. Is this a bit of diplomatic cooperation taking place after some complaints?

There are reports of computers and smartphones being given detailed examinations at EZE.
Has anyone encountered this?

Must admit despite hearing some 'horror' stories about EZE customs I've never had a problem there. In fact I've had a much harder time from US customs and don't get me started on the US immigration people.
As for choosing people to search through profiling, customs do that at most airports.

Just because blokes never ever had a problem at Customs here ; and perhaps in their next trip would also be unscathed..but it does not mean that things have NOT changed somewhat at Ezeiza customs; and that the unlucky few are NOT going to face some problems.

I know it would be a bit of a novelty for most public service staff in this country but maybe the customs folk at EZE are actually doing what they're employed to do. :D

I know it would be a bit of a novelty for most public service staff in this country but maybe the customs folk at EZE are actually doing what they're employed to do. :D

Wouldn't that depend on whether or not, as employees of the ADUANA, they are actually collecting impusestos on imported items or soliciting "bribes" and pocketing the dinero?
emo32.gif

Actually I will like to believe that its NOT the case. When they opened all my suitcases at Ezeiza, the lady officer told me distinctly to stand on the other side and speak clearly and loudly and not near her ear!

Based on my own experience, I'm still a bit dubious. Perhaps things really have changed for the better.
emo32.gif

Another question is if this will be a long term change or something that happens for a short time and then things revert back to before as is often the case. Hopefully people continue to weight in on their experiences over the coming months.

Back