Cycle Trip

davecox84

Registered
Hi,

I have recently bought a cheap single speed town bike and I am planning to do some cycle trips outside of the city. I was thinking about catching the train to Tigre then starting out there, but have no precise route figured out yet (I may just wing it). Something like a 20 to 30 km cycle trip over a few hours nothing to strenuous.

If anyone is keen to join let me know and we can figure out a date.

There is a bike rental joint near me in Palermo if required. http://www.bttbike.com/bici/300076-roda2oro

Cheers
Dave

I'd love to go if it's during a week day. I have a folding bike that can't take much off road, (16" wheels) but I'm on it everyday :)

love to join, my bike is pretty crap but would still give it a good go ;]
please let me know details when u have them.
thanks

a better idea would be to get off in San Isidro,cross the train line and cycle to Libertador which takes you straight through to Tigre.I,ve just got back from Tigre and it was packed,we couldn,t park anywhere so we came back and coffeed at macdonalds in San fernando,although Monday it will be perfect for you guys,good luck

Love to go but timings wrong. Be keen for a future event!

Hi,

Sorry about the late change in plans but had lunch out at Tigre today and have come up with a much better plan. From what I saw the cycling options around Tigre are a bit limited and I think that it would be better to cycle part of the way there than catch the train back.

Plan is as follows. Meet at the “Bmé. MITRE” station which is the last station on the MITRE line. We can meet at the end of the platform at 10:30 am, Monday 28th.

See the following link for the train map http://www.tbanet.com.ar/archivosdescargas/TBA_Mapa_LineaMitre.pdf

We could then follow the “Tren de la Costa” approximately 16 km to Tigre. The road is mostly quiet back streets along the water’s edge. Depending on how we feel we can catch the “RETIRO – TIGRE” line back to BA or cycle home.

I have a blue “Beach Bike” with white wall tyres and will be wearing a red cap. My moble is 1130560353

Please let me know if you intend to come so I know to wait for some one.

Cheers
Dave

That's an excellent route Dave. I know it well and during the week almost zero traffic and very peaceful.
I would join you but I've got flu :(

davecox84 said:
I think that it would be better to cycle part of the way there than catch the train back.

I used to cycle from Belgrano to Tigre and back when I had my MB and I was in shape :eek:. It's a 55 km ride along Libertador Ave. Probably too long for doing it with a "playera", but I wanted to say it's a great ride you're planning. Just do it safely and enjoy it. I used to go on Sunday mornings. Libertador is almost deserted, and you always have the train near you.

Back