Daily maid rate per hour

I heard they are getting anywhere from 15 to 25 an hour. But, if you don't need her regularly, pay more

How much do you pay in benefits?

lininasrul said:
Hi,

I need some clarifications about the maid pay. Does anyone know how much is the pay for 40 hours a week, 4 weeks a month? Is the rate any different if i take her just to work for 20 hours a week?

I posted this on another thread in feb of this year, but the numbers are still relevant. However, new wage increases are due very soon and will likely add another 20%+ to those numbers.

Maids and English teachers seem to have been left behind in Cristina's Brave New World. Wages for these groups don't seem to have increased much at all despite raging inflation.

bebero said:
I hope she sues you :)

jajaja Pagas bien a la mucama pero se nota que no tienes escrupulos como para desearle mal a desconocidos! Que buena gente sos! :rolleyes:

That said, everyone should hire and work in blanco and pay all taxes/benefits. I'm really not sure how the piddly AFIP benefits today turn into free healthcare and pensions tomorrow considering inflation and devaluation, but I guess that is the magic of government. :)

Thank you, everyone, for chiming in. Sounds like my maid needs another raise. She won't talk about salary with me - only with my husband. Perhaps her situation is a bit different in that she is en blanco with my mother-in-law with whom she has lived and worked for 15 years. My mother-in-law often jokes that she is doing us both a favor by letting her maid have a job on the side. With her monthly salary and what she makes with us she must make near 3000 pesos per month. But still... The last raise she asked for 2 months ago was 16 pesos per hour. I'm afraid she won't ask for more because she believes that she is already doing well for herself with a salary and a half and knows that we know it, too.

20 pesos for 12/15 hours a week (with a 30 pesos rate if she does difficult jobs like cleaning the mud from the pool at Spring and such).

She doesn't want to get paid in blanco (I offered her).

Will raise by 10/15% in the next two months.

French jurist said:
She doesn't want to get paid in blanco (I offered her).

You might have noticed I'm all in favor of personally choosing whether to engage in an honor contract (en negro) or a government backed contract (en blanco), but I just have to ask,

Aren't you worried that she doesn't want to be paid in blanco for a reason? You gotta really trust her!

sergio said:
Maids and English teachers seem to have been left behind in Cristina's Brave New World. Wages for these groups don't seem to have increased much at all despite raging inflation.

There's actually a massive number of professions that have been left behind in Cristina's Brave New World. My wages have increased by 10% in the last two years and I am now earning less than some maids! My job requires a university education and several years of experience...and most people in the same field are in the same boat.
I think that there must be different rules as far as who's responsibility it is to put a worker "en blanco" depending on the number of hours they work. I would not expect to have to pay benefits to a provider (maid or otherwise) that only worked a few hours for me a week. Surely, it is up to them to pay their monotributo and charge a high enough hourly rate to be able to afford it. I know a lot of people that work in the same way (english teachers, included) and unless they're contracted to work at one place, they're responsible for their own benefits. Obviously, it would be different if you had a maid that came for a few hours every day

Matt84 said:
You gotta really trust her!

...this must always be the case once you let a stranger roam around your home tidying things up, I believe. I would never hire anyone - even for a few weekly hours - who doesnt come with recommendations from people I personally know and trust. If she's been under long terms with one of your friends, she surely won't want to risk her overall reputation...

Back