Daily maid rate per hour

Matt84 said:
You might have noticed I'm all in favor of personally choosing whether to engage in an honor contract (en negro) or a government backed contract (en blanco), but I just have to ask,

Aren't you worried that she doesn't want to be paid in blanco for a reason? You gotta really trust her!

It could happen indeed, but I've no property here & don't have any income locally.

But it's always a risk indeed.

I asked about maid rates a year ago and the general consensus then was 20 an hour. I think Perry said he paid 25. I'm surprised one year on and given the ongoing inflation that many people are paying so little....

it was pointed out in a post here that this is a job that hasn't kept up with inflation. if it were to parallel inflation i think people would just stop hiring maids.

There's some hypocrisy going on here, if you check out this thread from April I was told that 25 was the correct wage and 20 the bare minimum, under that and I was a "rata". I was condemned for paying 17 pesos at the beginning of Feb 2011 which is when my cleaner left. So are you all ratas now or is theblackhand full of bs?
http://baexpats.org/jobs/15201-expat-cleaning-person.html

Without having to even read the other thread I can tell you with 100% certainty that theblackhand is full of shit.

2GuysInPM said:
I posted this on another thread in feb of this year, but the numbers are still relevant. However, new wage increases are due very soon and will likely add another 20%+ to those numbers.

25% Increase: New rates were posted the 15th of this month by the Ministry of Labor, and apply for November 2011 going forward. Minimum hourly wage is now $15.79. Full time (8hrs/day) salary $2,071.88/mo, part-time (4hrs/day) salary $1,035.94/mo. So far the aportes (form F.102/B) stay the same at $95/mo.

Nope, you're still the rata, and apparently you just can't live it down. Own it bro, or pay your cleaning staff a decent wage.

CarverFan said:
There's some hypocrisy going on here, if you check out this thread from April I was told that 25 was the correct wage and 20 the bare minimum, under that and I was a "rata". I was condemned for paying 17 pesos at the beginning of Feb 2011 which is when my cleaner left. So are you all ratas now or is theblackhand full of bs?
http://baexpats.org/jobs/15201-expat-cleaning-person.html

These threads I always find interesting as they seem to be made to justify the low wages people pay to their staff. When I hire someone I go by my conscience and not by what the minimum wage is in a country . I remember visiting South Africa in the 1970s and seeing the abuse of staff from the white south africans . They were lucky if they paid them pennies in the dollar for backbreaking work. Now the minimum wage at that time was extremely low and the laws favoured this form of slavery .

In Argentina workers have rights meaning that we must behave accordingly . This is good because if not I am sure that many expats here would be very happy to pay 5 pesos a hour maximum!!!

TheBlackHand, you should be happy to know that I now have a cleaner who works for free! And has done so for the last ten months.
Maybe you should do like me and get off your ass and do your own cleaning....instead of criticising people whom you know absolutely nothing about.

Back