Daily maid rate per hour

lininasrul

Registered
Hi,

I need some clarifications about the maid pay. Does anyone know how much is the pay for 40 hours a week, 4 weeks a month? Is the rate any different if i take her just to work for 20 hours a week?

you have to employ her en blanco and pay benefits. i just increased my maid's pay to 20 pesos/hour but she comes only once a week.

we pay 15 pesos an hour for four hours a day. there´s definitely no benefits, other than a clean house ¨:)

according to a new law you now have to pay benefits and do it all en blanco.

Anyone care to share how much they are currently paying their maid? (per hour)? Husband says we are paying ours what she asked for with her last raise but I still think it's low. She works about 12 hours per week (2 six hour shifts). Thank you.

I pay 25p an hour. She comes once a week for about three hours. No talk of blanco, negro, rojo or azul.:rolleyes:

lininasrul said:
Hi,

I need some clarifications about the maid pay. Does anyone know how much is the pay for 40 hours a week, 4 weeks a month? Is the rate any different if i take her just to work for 20 hours a week?

Honestly speaking and at the risk of being verbally slaughtered by other members who think we are abusive slave drivers we paid our maid 17pesos per hour as of June 2011. She also received her monthly social security payment (for health & pension), aguinaldo or 13th salary paid end June and Dec, 3 weeks holiday per year, viaticos (ie trip expenses), lunch and coffee on us and a healthy christmas and birthday bonus and gifts as well as for her grandkids. All extra hours between 9 and 6pm were paid at the same rate but anything after 6pm that might include baby sitting for example was paid at 25 per hour.
She is part of our family and we have a wonderful relationship. We could have paid her more, anyone could but we see the relationship as a long term sustainer for her as is the case even though we have lef the country. You will get wildly different suggestions here. I sugegst you aks your local neighbours as that is what your mail will base her own salary on.

It's been my experience that a lot of housekeepers (or cooks, etc) do not wish to be paid in blanco because they are often under government assistance. You should be very careful hiring in negro because if something were to go wrong (injury, wage dispute, etc) or they decide to sue you for whatever reason, you'll be left with a big legal mess. :p

There are minimum wages. I'm not sure how valid it is today, but this might help:
http://www.elsalario.com.ar/main/entendetusalario/salariominimo/salario-domestico
http://www.finanzasblog.com.ar/sueldo-empleada-domestica-2011/
Looks to be about $13 pesos an hour minimum for hourly workers.

I say pay whatever you think it's worth or what you can afford, as long as it's legal. ;)

Me and my friends pay 25 pesos an hour plus benefits (well, you pay that to the afip).

NOLAchef said:
we pay 15 pesos an hour for four hours a day. there´s definitely no benefits, other than a clean house ¨:)

I hope she sues you :)

Back