Daily Url, Feb 17

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Tuesday, 16 February

U.S. Fed Official: Argentine Inflation Will Worsen[The Argentine Post]
Inflation in Argentina will almost certainly get worse this year, a prominent U.S. economic official said Tuesday.
In a speech about the “stunning” fiscal problems facing the U.S. government, Thomas.....

To Provincia and Beyond: Long Distance Buses Part 1[The Buenos Aires Life]
Apparently I'm obsessed with buses. Here is yet another bus how-to, just like my Riding the Colectivo series, except this time we're going long-distance baby! First part of the series: Basics and the ...

Temazo Tuesday[The Buenos Aires Life]
Ay, I almost forgot again! I've been busy doing some work online and dealing with two cats in the apartment (I'm watching one for my friend), and almost forgot to post a temazo, horror of horrors. Any...

The Supremes – Track 6[SaltShaker]
I desire a monarch for our state; but I desire one worthy of the honor which he would receive in commanding us; that is to say, I wish a greater man than Prince John of Portugal ; and I wish a...

Argentine President Calls Americans ‘Americanos’[The Argentine Post]
To the potential dismay of countless Latin Americans, regional etymologists and local language lovers, Argentine President Cristina Fernández referred Monday to U.S. citizens as...

Monday, 15 February

Villa Gesell, Verano 2010[The Buenos Aires Life]
I'm baaaaack! The beach was wonderful-- a relaxing week of good food, sun, and waves. I shall now recap said week for your benefit, those of you stuck on the east coast of the US under 30 inches of sn...

Five Awesome Boutique Hotels in Buenos Aires[A Gringo in Buenos Aires]
If there’s one thing that Buenos Aires does really well in terms of accommodation, it’s boutique hotels. Maybe it’s because the hotspots like San Telmo, Palermo and Recoleta don’t have acres of sp...

Festivales Musicales de Buenos Aires presents its 2010 program of concerts[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Festivales Musicales de Buenos Aires, the 30-year old non-profit organization with the aim of spreading music in its highest artistic expressions, presents the Festival 2010: "Bach and the Schuma...

Bordering on Success: Chile, Uruguay Court Investors[InvestBA.com]
Sebastian Piñera becomes Chile's next President in March. He is pro-business & foreign investment. 2011 will be a critical presidential election year in Argentin...

Copa Telmex and the History of Tennis in Argentina[The Argentimes]
The Copa Telmex, the highest level professional tennis tournament played in Argentina, begins today. The tournament is celebrating it's 10th anniversary this year. Tennis has grown to be one of the mo...

Ambientate! Green Yourself up in 2010[The Argentimes]
By now we are pretty much all in agreement that climate change is happening and we should all be making an effort to lead greener lives, especially as the recent summit in Copenhagen has proven that w...

5 Ridiculously Easy Ways to Polish Your Spanish[LandingPadBA]
Listen to music in Spanish. We’re sure this one has been said many times before, but the surefire way to have fun while learning Spanish is through music. So...

Trial starts in Argentina's 'robbery of the century' [LandingPadBA]
Four suspects are on trial in connection with the January 13, 2006 ... robbers took hostages, stole $8 million in valuables and cash and escaped in a boat despite being surrounded by 200 police

Sunday, 14 February

The now[Sallycat's Adventures]
When I look at this photograph, taken at the precise second that a thousand rose paper petals exploded into the air around me on February 11th 2010, I see the power of now (for more of what I me...

Saturday, 13 February

La Nacion Publishes Great Interactive Beef Infographic[The Argentine Post]
The daily La Nacion this week published an excellent interactive, Flash-based infographic to accompany an online story about beef prices and inflation. The graphic allows you to hover over a virtual.....

Friday, 12 February

Recommended Concerts in March 2010[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
A-HA FAREWELL TOUR The Norwegian group returns to Argentina to present their latest album "Foor of the Mountain". This will be the band's last world tour, before retiring with a...

What do you think about Macri’s police carrying taser guns?[The Argentimes]
Buenos Aires city major Mauricio Macri ratified legislation allowing the new Metropolitan Police, who hit the streets of the capital earlier this week, to carry taser guns. After pointing out that cit...

One funny place to get stamps[Buenos Aires Daily]
At the foot of this pier, you will find the southernmost post office in the world. You will be able to stamp your passport, postcards with interesting stamps. Make sure you get the most official stam...

Argentina Beef Eaters Cut Consumption as Prices Rise[Business Week]
President Cristina ... blamed the increase in beef prices on cattle ranchers who she said were taking advantage of recent rains, which improved pastures, to keep their animals from markets...

Thursday, 11 February

The Samsung LED HDTV I Brought to Argentina[The Argentine Post]
It’s an incredibly beautiful TV. It’s HD, ultra slim, big but not obnoxious, and it’s LED, meaning its bright and doesn’t use much electricity. As far as TVs go, it’s...

Argentine rocker held for setting girlfriend on fire[Inditop]
The drummer of the Argentine rock group Callejeros, Eduardo Vazquez, has been arrested and accused of trying to murder his girlfriend by setting her on fire, police and doctors said...

Man pushes stalled van away from train[BBC]
An unidentified man has become a hero in Argentina after he pushed a stalled van off railroad tracks, narrowly escaping being hit by the train. (Video)

Wednesday, 10 February

Drinks in the House[SaltShaker]
A few folk have contacted me recently and noted that I seem to have stopped posting any kind of tasting notes about wines or beers. Trust me, I haven’t given up on drinking, though I probably t...

Empanadas for Delivery – Order Online![A Gringo in Buenos Aires]
One thing that could be difficult when you are in Buenos Aires is trying to get some food delivered to your home when your Spanish isn’t quite up to par yet. Its one thing to try and commun...

Graffiti Mundo: Street Art for the People in Buenos Aires[Matador Network]
While the art scene worldwide is getting more elitist as time goes on, this is art by and for the people of Buenos Aires...

The Scandal of The French Supplied “Exocet” Missiles[SocyBerty]
My series on the Falklands war continues with the sinking of H.M.S. Sheffield and the covert operation to stop France our so-called allie supplying Argentina with Exorcets....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back