Daily Url, Feb 4

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Tuesday, 03 February

Major Newspapers in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires Tips]
The two main Spanish-language newspapers in Buenos Aires are Clarín and La Nación (The Nation). I find the depth and quality of journalism of both papers to be very high. I do, however, prefer...

More Argentine authors out in the world[Buenos Aires, City of Faded Elegance]
In preparation for Argentina as the guest of honor country at the 2010 Frankfurt Book Fair, the government of Argentina is announcing a new program to subsidize the translation of 100 books by Argent...

Argentina On The Cusp Of A Recession - Di Tella[The Argentine Post]
Argentina, a country whose economy has been growing at the blistering pace of a wild weed since 2003, is almost certainly on the cusp of a recession.

Carnaval 09[Buenos Aires through my eyes]
So, February started, that means is carnival time. Even though carnival here is not as good as in other parts of Argentina, we still have some celebrations, and it´s interesting to go and take a l...

subte entrepreneurs[Yillabean]
90% of my subte rides have a musician playing, kids selling stickers, men selling cook books, teenagers selling 10 bobby-pins for a peso, a juggler or a beggar with a dirty child and an extended hand ...

Stolen shot[Buenos Aires Daily]
Buenos Aires also celebrated the Chinese New Year over a week ago. As always, it attracted LOTS of people (locals and tourists) gathered around literally one block. Picture is not mine, credits go to...

"United States of Argentina"[As Belgrano Byrnes...]
An article appears in this week's edition of The American Conservative (a publication that I, admittedly, have never read) entitled "United States of Argentina." The author, Philip Jenk...

Holy Holy Land![SaltShaker]
 This holy land, this semi-Eden, was supposed to be spotless, a serious equivalent of Disneyland in which not a single candy wrapper is to stay on the ground for more than a few minutes.”...

Monday, 02 February

& the apt. search begins....[Yillabean]
this morning i was suppose to meet a with an argentine friend for conversation exchange. afterward i had a meeting scheduled with my boss for an hour of planning. both canceled, but i'm not surprise...

Cementerio de la Chacarita[In search of Macondo]
The ritual of burial has never really appealed to me, as the thought of my body slowly rotting beneath the ground upon which I once trod seems somewhat undignified.

Sunday, 01 February

Adventure Ennui in Ushuaia[micheleandtom.com]
Tom : “Wanna visit a glacier?
Mich : “Nahhh, I’m kinda burned out on glaciers.”

Drive-In to Summer![Argentina's Travel Guide]
Photo by Zen Icknow for Wired.com
Every Saturday and Sunday until February 22, drivers need not search for parking spots at the Rosedal in Palermo.* The cross section of Sarmiento and Av. Del Li...

Knowing the process for renting a short-term apartment in Argentina[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
This is a long overdue post. I know many people like the idea of renting an apartment for their stay in Buenos Aires, but feel discouraged by the rental procedure. Staying at an apartment is one of ...

Friday, 30 January

Buenos Aires To Get ‘Electronic’ Transportation Cards[The Argentine Post]
Peace in the Middle East? A man (or woman) on Mars? Free, non-polluting, renewable gasoline?*Non caloric Krispy Kreme Donuts?*
Well, not quite. But the news we’ve confirmed is still pretty...

Cheap Airfares to Buenos Aires on American Airlines[Discover Buenos Aires]
Looking to have a friend or family member visit you in Buenos Aires?* Now may be the best time to book your tickets as American Airlines is currently having an airfare sale on flights from the U.S....

Campo in Crisis[As Belgrano Byrnes...]
I reported two stories for CNN this week about Argentina's drought, the worst in half-a-century. I witnessed the devastation first-hand on a visit to San Miguel del Monte, where I took these pho...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back