Daily Url, Feb 9

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Monday, 09 February

More on the Burger Battle[SaltShaker]
Fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so ...

Sunday, 08 February

“America Is Argentina, Europe Is Argentina”[The Argentine Post]
One is a piece by British financial historian Niall Ferguson. In it, Ferguson says this: “Today, America is Argentina. Europe is Argentina. Former investment banks and ordinary households are Argentina.”

Feria PuroDiseño 2009[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Feria PuroDiseño is a space where design is the main protagonist. The goal of Feria PuroDiseño is to accompany and to promote this sector of the Argentine industry, as well as each and every one...

Visiting Our Lady[SaltShaker]
Argentine shrine, forty miles west of Buenos Aires. Its main object of devotion is a small doll-like statue of the Blessed Virgin; her head is surrounded by a golden aureole and is crowned wit...

Saturday, 07 February

Leading The Penguins In Lockstep Fashion[The Argentine Post]
Néstor Kirchner and Cristina Fernández fondly refer to themselves as “pingüinos.” The reason, of course, is simple: They hail from the southern part of the country where penguins are...

Words apart[The Australian]
The pavement flower-seller is doing brisk trade with sprigs of new-season white jasmine twisted in cellophane cones, as fluffy as scoops of ice cream. My guide, Florencia Fragasso, and I pause to admire his wares on Calle Jorge Luis Borges, the street where Argentina's most famous literary figure lived in the early 20th century.

Buenos Aires' a treat - mainly because of the meat[Toronto Star]
This is clearly one of the world's great cities – think Paris, only South American and less expensive – with a dazzling assortment of places to eat.

Friday, 06 February

In Argentina, sex sells breast cancer awareness[Small State]
Passing the billboards in Buenos Aires, I was most surprised by the general lack of attention paid by passersby. It would appear that Argentine society has been inured to nudity ...

Orange Mudanza[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
An unbranded and very orange moving truck

how do i buy peas?[Yillabean]
tonight i'm planning to have my buenos aires girl friends over. the plan is to drink some wine and make some gourmet empanadas together. i bought all the ingredients, they'll bring the wine and w...

A flood in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires, City of Faded Elegance]
Okay, yesterday’s little rain shower wasn’t a flood but I’m sure all of us in Buenos Aires enjoyed the cooler weather. Reminded me of this wonderful old photo, which I think was tak...

Thursday, 05 February

Calling the Argentine Mint[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
As has been experienced by every porteño, written about by every local (and foreign) correspondent, and mocked in this funny Slate piece, there is a massive coin shortage in Buenos Aires. In typical f...

Wednesday, 04 February

the price of heaven & guilt[Yillabean]
last night i went salsa dancing with an argentine girl i met this weekend. it made me realize that i just may be a salsa snob. (i'm embarrassed to write this). there were many beginners (everyone ha...

Climbing Mecca[micheleandtom.com]
The first thing we noticed on our 3 hour bus ride to El Chaltén (north of El Calafate) is that we really didn’t blend with the demographic on the bus — that would be backpackers in the...

Aereal views of Mar del Plata[Places to visit in Argentina]
Hi Everybody, just returned from my hollidays and I´m back to work. I had a great time in Mar del Plata and I´m posting some great photos I´ve taken from the building where I stayed. The phot...

$3.75 an hour[Yillabean]
after meeting with a conversation exchange friend this morning i went on a job interview for a teaching position at a well known language school here. i arrived on time for the interview, but was tol...

KISS: 10,000 Buenos Aires Tickets Sold The First Day[roadrunnerrecords.com]
... more than 10,000 tickets were sold for KISS' April 5 concert in Buenos Aires within the first 24 hours of public on-sale.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back