Daily Url, June 18

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Friday, 18 June

The Argentine Soccer Team[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
It’s World Cup time. Argentina could win. And you’re living in Buenos Aires – your timing is impeccable! As I write this the Albicelestes have just played their second game in the group stages of...

Light and music show on the Cabildo[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
For those who were not able to watch it live on May 25 for the celebration of Argentina's Bicentennial, the video mapping show on the facade of the Cabildo in Plaza de Mayo will be repeat...

Thursday, 17 June

Gallery Nights June 2010 edition[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
On Friday, June 25th, 2010 , from 7 PM , a new edition of Gallery Nights , the original circuit for art lovers around more than 60 art galleries, antique shops, museums and cultural centers, w...

Hollywood ending in Buenos Aires[Guardian]
The slums of Latin America are growing, but so is the local film industry, which is alive with productivity and homegrown talent. In Villa 21, one of Buenos Aires' largest slums, 'actor, producer, scriptwriter ...

Wednesday, 16 June

Buenos Aires Prepares for Early Rush Hour Tomorrow[Discover Buenos Aires]
Argentina meets South Korea in their second World Cup match tomorrow…at 8:30am local time in Buenos Aires. Now, if you know anything about Argentines, they are not early risers. You will...

iPhone App Gives Buenos Aires Traffic, Subway Info[The Argentine Post]
Ever get stuck in traffic in downtown Buenos Aires? Or have you ever been stranded at the subway or train station waiting for a a ride that never seems to arrive? This splendid new iPhone App may be...

Some Great Spanish Learning Resources[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
No, don’t worry, we are not suggesting the Spanish learning product featured in the above photo. It is just an awesome photo. It must be from the early 90’s, no? I am not sure, but ...

Internet, WiFi Penetration Rising in Argentina[InvestBA.com]
LCD sales may taper off post-Mundial, but WiFi growth means more broadband accounts in Argentina. Sales of LCD TV’s in Argentina are currently up 150% over last year, but many analysts s...

Opera Pampa[The Argentimes]
Amie Tsang investigates whether the new big show at La Rural, Opera Pampa, lives up to its promises: “Prepare to discover the history of Argentina in an unprecedented and unparalleled show, where the ...

Lessons for living on the CHEAP in Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
The dollar might be on the rise, but that’s no reason to overspend while on vacation, studying abroad or living in Buenos Aires. Money saving tips that work in the US are not necessarily going to fly ...

An Operatic Drama Performed Mostly Offstage[NY Times]
Estanislao del Campo’s “El Fausto Criollo” is often used by Argentines to illustrate the pride their countrymen feel in their national opera house.

Monday, 14 June

Fashionistas Find Paradise in Argentina[InvestBA.com]
BA-based Cardon is one of Argentina's fashion retailers recommended by Lucire for their quality. Buenos Aires has long been synonymous with fashion , so it seems only natural that Lucire...

arteBA'10 Contemporary Art Fair[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
arteBA Contemporary Art Fair , that will take place on June 25 - 29, 2010 , is the most popular cultural event in the city of Buenos Aires and the most important one of its kind in Latin Am...

The Argentine DMW[Discover Buenos Aires]
I’m happy to report that the Buenos Aires Registro del AutoMotor (the Argentine version of the DMV) is pretty much the same as its American counterpart – slow and inefficient. On the...

Sunday, 13 June

Interesting Argentine Think Piece on Mediocrity[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
Sort of out of date here, but a little over a week ago one of the founders of Poliarquía Consultores , Eduardo Fidanza, had in La Nación one of the few nuanced articles about Argentine politi...

Ricky Martin Is El Che[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
In the upcoming Broadway revival of the Tim Rice-Andrew Lloyd Webber musical "Evita", Ernesto El Che Guevara will be played by...Ricky Martin . Insert your own joke here. Evita herself will be...

Sub-Station[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
Scattered around the city are these small electric substations, mostly built by Compania Italo-Argentina de Electricidad or C.I.A.E. Usually they're impossible to photograph as they're blocked by ...

Saturday, 12 June

Maradona, a God Among Men[LandingPadBA]
If you needed to pick one day in history to sum up Diego Maradona’s life, it would easily be June 22, 1986. In front of a crowd of almost 115,000 people in Mexico City’s Estadio Azteca, the Legend fro...

Friday, 11 June

Watching the World Cup 2010 in Buenos Aires: Your Complete Guide[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
Awwww yeahhh! For the round-ball lovers amongst us, June and July 2010 represent something we’ve been waiting four long years for: the World Cup. Woooot! Whichever way you slice it, the World Cup...

The Service Paradox[LandingPadBA]
I was raised in America. I dined in American. And I even waited tables in America. That being said, I consider myself a reliable spokesman for the American dining mentality. So you can imagine my s...

Santos Lugares[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
A couple of homes in Santos Lugares, which is a great name [Holy Places]: From the Lourdes stop on the Linea Urquiza. See also my post Houses & Classic Cars , the first photo is also from ...

Argentina Entrance Fee Increased[Discover Buenos Aires]
As of June 4, 2010, the United States has increased the price of the visa application fee from $131 to $140. Since the Argentina entrance fee is a reciprocal fee to what the US charges Argenti...

Thursday, 10 June

U.S. dollar now up to approximately 4 pesos in Argentina[Expat Argentina]
The U.S. dollar is now worth approximately 4 pesos in Argentina which is good news for those people who shop in dollars. However, according to the article in the Merco Press "The new rules effec...

danielkarlin[Expat Argentina]
I wish I had a camera to show what actually happened. Lourdes and I had bought a couch (yay!) that turned out to be too big for the elevator and too big to walk up the stairs. So the moving guys calle...

Las Cañitas - 15th Floor[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
This view is a little too high for my contrafrente series that I mentioned in the previous post. However, I can't turn town a gorgeous sunset from a gorgeous view point. Looking southwest to ...

Peñas Folklóricas in Buenos Aires, Argentina[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
Think you know everything there is to know about Argentine cultural traditions? Well here’s something that you might not have heard of: peñas folklóricas. Let’s explain those two words. A peñas i...

Wednesday, 09 June

Vamos, vamos, Argentinaaa![Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
Even footbal haters like myself, we can’t get past it : The mundial is almost starting. In Belgium Footbal is the national sport, everyone plays or at least, watches it. The fact that...

Argentina Tightens Foreign-Exchange Rules [WSJ]
The government will require people or companies who buy more than $250,000 of foreign currencies per year to provide proof of their income, the Central Bank said in a press release Monday.

Years after 'dirty war,' a fight to identify orphans[Montreal Gazette]
They were adopted by a wealthy media family at the height of Argentina's so-called dirty war. Now the two 34-year-olds find themselves, much against their will, at the center of a ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back