Daily Url - June 28

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Tuesday, 28 June

Can Greece learn the economic lessons Argentina missed?[BBC]
As the financial crisis in Greece drags on, experts hunting for precedents have repeatedly referred to the country that last suffered a comparable economic fiasco: Argentina.

Monday, 27 June

The Office: The Best Burgers in Buenos Aires[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
The Office: Arévalo 3031, Las Cañitas, Buenos Aires There comes a time where one craves a damn good burger. In Buenos Aires, a good burger is hard to come by. Sure, making the random trip...

Cartoneros[argen-times]
As the evening arrives to Buenos Aires, they begin to appear. They trawl the streets of virtually every neighbourhood of the capital. They get in the rubbish and tear up all those black sack...

Julio Cortázar and Rayuela[argen-times]
Cortázar's iconic image . If asked to name a famous Argentine writer, nine times out of ten Jorge Luis Borges is the first to spring to mind. But this week marks the 26th anniversary...

After the River Plate Riots[Travel Guy]
In the wake of yesterday’s River Plate soccer riot, it seems like the city has gotten some international attention. Once again, it looks like Argentine hooligans have taken control of the streets and...

Mahatma Dandys: A Collective Musical Experience[The Argentina Independent]
Brian Funk heads along to speak with the Mahatma Dandys, a Latin folk ensemble of over a dozen musicians who are making waves in the Argentine music scene.

BA Stadium Now A Grow House for Copa 2011[InvestBA.com]
When Bono and U2 played three sold-out shows at the Estadio Unico de La Plata in Buenos Aires earlier this year, they dazzled the crowd with The Claw, the largest stadium set ever constructed. With on...

The Lujan Zoo: Close Encounters of the Wild Kind[Spotlight Buenos Aires]
Fifty eight kilometers outside Buenos Aires is the Lujan Zoo, where you can get up close and personal with lions tigers, pumas, camels and elephants.

Sunday, 26 June

Tears Flow as River Plate Loses, Drops to B League[The Argentine Post]
Countless thousands of Argentines stood in total disbelief Sunday as one of the country’s greatest soccer clubs lost a key game and dropped out of the nation’s top soccer league. Club...

Cristina Chooses Economy Minister Boudou as VP[The Argentine Post]
President Cristina Kirchner gave Economy Minister Amado Boudou the surprise of his life on Saturday, choosing him to be her vice presidential candidate in October’s election. The 47-year-old...

Ode to Ice Cream[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Meghan, Puri and I were bored on a sunny Sunday. It was too cold to go to the parks, but sunny enough that we knew we should be outside. Nothing was on TV, but we wallowed on Meghan’s futon &...

And Down Goes River Plate[Travel Guy]

feeling blue[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
One of the reasons that I love argentina so much is the weather. I constantly need sun and light energy. I love the hot humid summers that make it hard to move, but I also love the cold winters under...

Saturday, 25 June

Recommended Concerts July - December 2011[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Numerous international concerts have already been announced for the second half of the year 2011 in Buenos Aires. Since tickets for some of the biggest ones (like Aerosmith and Eric Clapton) are a...

El Aristocrata[La Milonga Del 126]
My 3rd Buenos Aires Tango adventure, Friday, April 8, day 59 I had been afraid that if I took my camera down to Florida street that someone might grab it and run. But two months after arriving in Bue...

Friday, 24 June

found: river plate dairy advert, 1932[line of sight]

One Argentine’s Genius Civic Poop Gesture[The Argentine Post]
The battle against Argentina’s poop-filled streets is ugly and ongoing. It’s also a metaphor for the society’s inability to clean up other kinds of criminal and political trash. But....

Thursday, 23 June

Feria de Mataderos: Gaucho Tradition and Argentinean Culture[Buenos Aires 4U Blog En]
One of the activities that few tourists know in Buenos Aires, but is highly recommended by all who discover it, is a visit to the Feria de Mataderos, the most traditional fair in Buenos Aires city, wh...

Wednesday, 22 June

My 5 Least Favorite Spanish Phrases[Travel Guy]
I’m perfectly guilty of using these phrases as well, but when on the receiving end I almost always cringe upon hearing them. Here are 5 sentences that I hate hearing in Spanish: 1. “ Lo que pas...

Chalk Up Another Winner![SaltShaker]
I was doing stand-up at a restaurant and there was a chalkboard on the street out front. It said, ”Soup of the Day: Cream of Asparagus. Ellen DeGeneres.”"- Ellen DeGeneres, co...

Telecentro, the ISP We Love to Hate.[TangoSpam:La Vida Con Deby]
I finally am able to send email using my domain names..no thanks to Telecentro, my new ISP, here in Argentina. I can honestly say I have never met a group of morons less capable of technical support...

Tuesday, 21 June
First Buenos Aires International Ballet Gala[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]

During the month of August 2011 and for the first time on stage in the city of Buenos Aires, the top figures from the American Ballet Theatre, Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow, Paris National Opera, New ...

Coca Sarli[Filming in Argentina: The blog of San Telmo Productions]
by Adam Davis, contributing blogger In one legendary scene from her 1968 “sexploitation ” film Carne , Isabel Sarli’s character Delicia (the name itself dripping with campy sensuality) is ra...

East Meets West, No Fusion Intended[SaltShaker]
Tis’ better to live your own life imperfectly than to imitate someone else’s perfectly.” - Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Ac...

Monday, 20 June

Buenos Aires: Merging Past and Present[Seashells and Sunflowers | Necochea, Argentina]
Inspired by moving wartime images of Leningrad, Russia fused with present-day photos of the city, now known as Saint Petersburg, Argentines Gerardo Soloduja and Jorge Bosch decided to employ a simila...

Traditional Argentine Foods Celebrate Independence[Spotlight Buenos Aires]
The national holidays in Argentina are a time of patriotism, but also for pigging out on traditional hearty foods!

Iguazu Falls[Harmony and Dissonance]
Double-decker red-eye bus ride. An 18 hour pilgrimage North, out of the cold gray city, to see "the falls" under moonlight. We roll into the highway night with mysterious styrofoam bus food...

School Bullying a Growing Problem in Argentina[Fox News]
A three-year investigation found that a shocking 66 percent of students polled were victims of bullying, and 22 percent are afraid of being ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back