Daily Url, June 9

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Wednesday, 08 June

Ciudad Emergente 2011: Exposing Underground Art and Music in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
As Buenos Aires feels a distinct chill in the air this June, we are ever more grateful for exciting indoor activities to discover in this multicultural hub of South America, especially so when it is o...

Decriminalising Marijuana: Argentina Debates Another Taboo[The Argentina Independent]
A year after legalising same sex marriage, Argentina's national congress is considering a proposal to decriminalise the personal consumption of marijuana. Nick Mills takes a look at the debate.

Great Deal: Fly to Buenos Aires for $887 coach, $1478 for business[Discover Buenos Aires]
US Airways is currently offering a 100% mileage bonus on any purchased miles. This means that when you buy 30,000 miles for $887, they give you another 30,000 miles – enough for a co...

Malos Aires? Volcanic Ash Reaches Buenos Aires and My Favorite Argentine Resort[Romancing Argentina]
Here's a Russian Television video, complete with lightning, of the spectacular ash plume spreading from the Puyehue volcano just over the border in Chile. In this next video you can see plows atta...

Corruption scandal hits Argentina's Mothers group[Google News]
The influential rights group Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo is struggling with a corruption scandal that forced it to fire a top executive accused of misusing taxpayer funds meant to build housing for the poor.

Street Harassment, Not 'Compliments'[IPS News]
Men say they are giving compliments, or even claim they are being poetic. But to many women, cheeky or lewd remarks from men on the street are a form of harassment which is offensive, insulting and even denigrating.

Tuesday, 07 June

Argentine Politics 101 – Episode 01[The Argentina Independent]
Oh, hi there politically-challenged friends! Remember when I told you I’d be teaching you about local politics? Yeah, well you may remember. I didn’t. But worry not, it’s actually pr...

Winter Clothing Shopping in Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for all the latest updates on fashion, shopping, and trends in Buenos Aires! The crisp winter air has enveloped Buenos Aires and it’s time for sweaters, coats, and...

Monday, 06 June

Going back but slightly different[Travel Guy]
Last week during lunch Leo brought up something which I’ve often thought about throughout the last almost three years. He asked curiously, though without malicious intent, what will happen to m...

Foods of Argentina: Membrillo (Quince)[Seashells and Sunflowers]
Inside the cramped little bakery, glass display cases overflowed with coconut-rimmed tarts filled with glistening, red jam, small cookies with deep ruby centers, and an assortment of pastries decorat...

Argentina has talent but a lack of investment cash[Financial Times]
Rich in creative talent, with an educated, low-cost workforce, Argentina has much to offer entrepreneurs – except, perhaps, easy access to money.

Sunday, 05 June

A Pint and a Burger[SaltShaker]
You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. – Frank ...

Argentinian polo readies itself for attack of the clones[Guardian]
Player forms alliance with genetics laboratory to clone equine champions in hope of replicating performance

Saturday, 04 June

Cabaña Las Lilas[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Dre and I quickly got settled into our BA vacation schedule. Wake up at eleven, site-see until three and then tuck into a three hour long lunch. That’s when the day really got started. O...

Friday, 03 June

You can't light up here che[argen-times]
Argentina has become the eighth country in Latin America to ban smoking in public places. The legislation, which was passed in the Senate last August, was approved by Congress this week by 182...

Tuesday, 31 May

buenos aires: monumento al cid campeador[line of sight]
Nestled into the center of a busy intersection in Caballito, surrounding buildings now dwarf a statue of El Cid Campeador by American sculptor Anna Hyatt Huntington. Traffic noise also preven...

Fuerza Bruta World Premier: Wayra Tour 2011[Buenos Aires 4U Blog En]
Venture into your dreams in Buenos Aires This month, the cultural scene in Buenos Aires is heating up and preparing for the return of a theatrical phenomenon and the explosive world premier of the gro...

The Typical Taxi Drivers of Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
Name: Mr. Clean a.k.a. Mr. Musclo a.k.a. NO SMOKING! Driving Style: His driving style will match his main notable factor, clean. Mildly defensive driver mixed with decisive aggressive driving. Skillz:...

2011 Favorite Buenos Aires Milongas[La Milonga Del 126]
There were a couple of changes from last year's My favorite Buenos Aires Milongas post. Sunday night at El Beso continued to be a favorite. Dancing at El Beso is a bit like perform...

Monday, 30 May

Eat At Randall's![The Gill Family]
Seriously. Go there. Today. Randall's (Malabia 1530 between Honduras y Gorriti, Palermo: 4832-5070) is a new American-diner-style restaurant that just opened in February.&nbs...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back