Daily Url - May 20

webteam

Administrator
Sunday, 19 May 2013

Sunday Video: The Boca Crowd[Encounter Argentina]
I recently covered a soccer game for My Beautiful Air, and when the article is posted, I’ll be sure to link it here. In the meantime, though — for those of you who have yet to attend a Boca game —...

Friday, 17 May 2013

Pomegranate Season: Pomegranate Quinoa Israeli Salad[Pick Up The Fork]
Fall has hit Buenos Aires, and so has the autumn produce: squash, mandarin oranges, apples, eggplant, tomatoes and my personal favorite: pomegranate (granada). Who cares if I’ve been staining my...

On Now: ‘Origen’ at Edificio Cassará[The Argentina Independent]
Newly opened exhibit “Origen” (Origin) at Edificio Cassará blends modern and classic as it examines the concept of beginnings: of eras, of projects, of art, and of reality itself. Kari Paul reviews.

Former Dictator Jorge Videla Dies in Prison[The Argentina Independent]
Jorge Rafael Videla, ex-military dictator and de facto president of Argentina from 1976 to 1981, died early this morning in a penitentiary in Marcos Paz, aged 87.

Elmar Karla and Milu Correch paint new mural[BA Street Art]
Elmar Karla and Milu Correch completed a new mural in Villa Urquiza yesterday. It features a portrait of a stylish lady from the era of Coco Chanel holding a chameleon by a lead with a mechanical arm...

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Buenos Aires Street Art Tours[Encounter Argentina]
Whether you’re just passing through Buenos Aires on a quick trip to Argentina or living here indefinitely, chances are you see a fair amount of graffiti. At its worst, it is unsightly and hateful,...

Desde el Alma: A Creole Waltz[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Marawan Musilem | Photography) Rosita Melo, a tango legend born in Montevideo and raised in Buenos Aires, was only fourteen when she composed the music to the now famous Desde el Alma (From...

Open doors to art…[Katti99]
My latest project is about art. Not just any art, in any place, but art created in the cultural center called Puertas al Arte, which is located in Beccar San Isidro, at the edge of the villa La Cava....

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Confiteria San Blas: the Inflation Stumper Bakery (for now)[Frugal Buenos Aires]
We just moved offices. We used to be on a nice, although too residential building on the corner of Malabia and Charcas. Its a nice neighborhood, close to other places I guess. But I wont miss it too...

Buenos Aires Monuments: Monumento a Las Nereidas[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by subcomandanta) The Monumento a Las Nereidas (Nereids Fountain) is a gorgeous white marble sculpture by Lola Mora, one of the first and most prolific Argentine women artists. The monument is...

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Top 10 Dulce de Leche Treats[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Mar Garra) Dulce de Leche is way up there on the list of Argentine favorites along with Maradona, tango and asados. It’s used on toast for breakfast, popularly chosen as an ice-cream flavor...

Cafe Recommendations in Colonia, Uruguay[Encounter Argentina]
I recently took a trip to Colonia, Uruguay to renew my Permatourist status. Though most Permatourists consider this never-ending process a hassle, I’ve come to like my one-day get-aways. Colonia is...

B.A. Tango #214 Quarterly Magazine Free Download[tangocherie]
The magazine is in three parts for better graphic quality. B.A. Tango #214 Part 1 by Cherie Magnus B.A. Tango #213 Part 2 by Cherie Magnus B.A. Tango #-214l Part3

Where to get a great steak in Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
“The best steak in the world”. Beef from Argentina has a pretty big reputation to live up to. As an 8 year veteran of Buenos Aires I have had some fantastic steaks from fine dining restaurants, hole...

Monday, 13 May 2013

Buenos Aires Beer Day Festival[Buenos Aires 4U]
Celebrating Argentinian home-made beer. Argentina is known to be an excellent wine producer! But have you had the chance to taste the amazing flavors of the Argentinian home made beer? Wanted...

Smooooooooothway: It Does A Body Good[Pick Up The Fork]
Say goodbye to those fake-healthy Buenos Aires cafés who pack their so-called licuados with sugar and wraps with sad, sorry produce. Smooothway, a new addition to the Palermo Hollywoood café club,...

Casi Boyitas: Daniel Garcia on Display at Galeria Mar Dulce[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Galeria Mar Dulce newest show is of Argentine Artist Daniel Garcia, who lives and works out of Rosario. This show is entitled Casi Boyitas, or Almost …

"One Tango Moment"[tangocherie]
Carla Thackrah followed the Australian tango champions to Buenos Aires where they competed in the Tango Championships of 2007. Along the way they all learned what tango is in Buenos Aires--and what...

Sunday, 12 May 2013

Puerta 03[Katti99]

Tango BA – 11th City Dance Championship – May 12th to 26th 2013[LiveBA]
Tango BA – 11th City Dance Championship Aka Campeonato de Baile de la Ciudad You can’t live or visit BA without watching some Tango. Check out the locals as they compete in the 2013 edition of...

Saturday, 11 May 2013

¡Ábreme! (Let me out!)[Alta en Argentina]
Quick short story I wrote for Spanish class trying to use a certain grammar point. It’s full of verb tense issues, but translation follows. Two things for this story: One: It’s fiction. Don’t worry....

Saturday High Tea at Casa Munet[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Therese Tjernström) Casa Munet is dedicated to bringing the wonderful world of tea, cakes and perfectly crafted sandwiches to the local catering scene. They offer catering services, courses...

Friday, 10 May 2013

The gringo’s maté suffering[Early Bird Adventures]
What are the three things you know about Argentina? Tango Beef Maté Would probably be the most common answers. So when we finally got to Buenos Aires, we wanted to try all of them. Haven’t really...

Buenos Aires Polo Circo 2013[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by tprussman) The fifth edition of the Buenos Aires Polo Circo Festival is taking place until the 19th of May. The event, which brings together innovative circus acts from around the world, is...

Thursday, 09 May 2013

“Bomba”, or How I learned to stop worrying and love the car bomb[Filming in Argentina]
by Benjamín Harguindey, contributing blogger Bomba (Bomb, 2013) is a closed-space, real-time thriller mostly set within the confines of a taxi with a car bomb in it: the driver need only honk to blow...

Top 5 Art Tours in Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Toni Blay) San Telmo Art & History Walk: The perfect way to learn the who is who and what is what of San Telmo’s art-ridden streets. The three-hour walk includes a tour of both the street...

Beerday BSAS 2013 – Sunday 26th May 2013[LiveBA]
Beer Day BSAS 2013 – Festival Cervecero What’s a weekend without a few cold ones! Head out to Beerday 2013 taste some of Latin America’s best ales. Starting at 2pm until 1am Monday, make sure you...

My Portero Hates Me[The Gill Family]
One of the first things I noticed when walking around Buenos Aires is that there are a lot of men lingering in doorways. Like, every single doorway has someone just hanging out, watching people go...

Tuesday, 07 May 2013

The Rules of a Milonga[Encounter Argentina]
In keeping with this Sunday’s video, I’ve decided to write a post on tango. More specifically, a guide for the completely clueless on how to behave in a milonga.* I, too, was completely clueless...

Buenos Aires Monuments: Monumento de los Españoles[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by N i c o_) The Monumento de los Españoles (Spaniards Monument), also known as the Monumento a La Carta Magna y las Cuatro Regiones Argentinas (Monument of the Magna Carta and the Four...

Monday, 06 May 2013

Gallery Nights – Every 2nd Thursday: May, June and July 2013[LiveBA]
Gallery Nights On the second Thursday of the month will host Gallery Nights where spaces across Palermo and Recoleta will open from 7pm so artists can present their latest creations and classics. And...

Sunday, 05 May 2013

Sunday Video: Tango Performance[Encounter Argentina]
Here’s a video from a few months ago of a tango performance in Maldita Milonga of San Telmo, Buenos Aires. Every Monday and Wednesday, they have tango classes starting at 9PM. After that, there’s a...

Friday, 03 May 2013

Estancia La Pelada[The Confused Canadian]
I haven't been blogging recently. I try to live by the rule - don't blog cranky. When I look around me, I want to see goodness. I know that many people blog to uncover darkness, but personally I...

Thursday, 02 May 2013

Where to Get Your Ice Cream: Nonna Bianca[Encounter Argentina]
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. If you’re looking for ice cream in San Telmo, especially on Sundays during the fair, don’t be a fool and go to the Freddo franchise on the corner of...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back