Dating Argentines...

You will see once you are here that there is love for everybody. It will depend less on your physical traits, age than on your capacity to secure your partner financially. With 40% of the population under poverty level, what would you expect?

The question is not if you will find affection here but if you can live confortable with the love for security hidden contract. After all, this was something fairly normal before the rise of feminism in western democracies, when sexes stopped to be complementary and started to become competitive, when the Ying and the Yang merged into a Big Bang of lonelyness.

fifilafiloche said:
You will see once you are here that there is love for everybody. It will depend less on your physical traits, age than on your capacity to secure your partner financially. With 40% of the population under poverty level, what would you expect?

The question is not if you will find affection here but if you can live confortable with the love for security hidden contract. After all, this was something fairly normal before the rise of feminism in western democracies, when sexes stopped to be complementary and started to become competitive, when the Ying and the Yang merged into a Big Bang of lonelyness.

Well, I would like to be loved for me... but part of me is my ability to care for my wife and family... both financially and emotionally. I don't care where you go in the world, women will make decisions about the men they decide to spend the rest of their lives with based partly on how well this person will be able to support, or at least help contribute to the support of her and her future children. So, I am not so concerned about any woman loving me in part because I have money. I will know if that woman also loves me because I am in my heart of hearts a solid choice. A good guy, excellent father potential, easy on the eyes, and loving. If she doesn't, then
no dice. I will find one who does.

Just because someone comes from a place where there is not as much wealth, does not make her any more of a "gold digger" than an American woman who grew up in luxury, and won't date a guy like me because I don't currently have the excess wealth that she has grown accustom to. In fact, I dare say that a woman coming from less would be far more appreciative of what good fortune does come her way.

Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, I am not trying to ride into town on my big white horse and rescue some impoverished girl because she is beautiful. But I will if that happens to present itself in the right way... why not?

Of course you can find someone here. However, if you're looking for a LTR or something serious, there are going to be cultural challenges. In my experience, it's been challenging just on the basis of cultural differences.

Fair warning - there is a reason that a lot of woman (and men) get called hysterica/hysterico here. Drama is a part of life and in relationships, it seems to come out in spades!

citygirl said:
Of course you can find someone here. However, if you're looking for a LTR or something serious, there are going to be cultural challenges. In my experience, it's been challenging just on the basis of cultural differences.

Fair warning - there is a reason that a lot of woman (and men) get called hysterica/hysterico here. Drama is a part of life and in relationships, it seems to come out in spades!

The one recommendation I'd add to this thread, as someone who has been dating an Argentine for a few years now, is to avoid Porteños. The hysterica/hysterico nonsense is really only a Porteño phenomenon and is stupid and not worth dealing with. There are plenty of Argentines from elsewhere in Argentina living in BA and they are, in general, a bit more reasonable than those who have grown up in the bubble that is Buenos Aires.

I am sorry that everyone has had such a bad experience with Argentine women. I just had my 10 year anniversary with my Argentine wife. We have one child, 3 years old. The truth is, she is a saint. She puts with my sh*t, and has been with me through the good times, bad times, and unbearable times. She is very special. She was born in a small town in Jujuy and raised in Puerto Iguazu. I dated several others before I met my wife, but I never had any of the problems mentioned here. The other thing is on a scale of 1 to 10, I would put American women a 4 and Argentine an 8, there is no doubt about that! Good luck to all!

Mike

Mrisley, is your wife standing next to you holding a pastry dough roller dictating what to write?? JK!

I guess many of you have expectations of how your ideal partner should be. All i can say is that when you least expect it someone comes in your life and gives you a good kick in the ass, of LOVE that is.

RobeartoNYC said:
Wait Wait Wait!!!!! Please don't say this!!

I am a nice looking 35 year old guy who is planning to move to Argentina within the next 6 weeks. I am not coming down there to "find my wife", but I am also not planning on just going down there to be with myself for the rest of my life. I would think that I will meet a girl down there, and chances are have a relationship at some point.... Are you telling me that this is 95% impossible?

Please give me some words of hope... I don't care if the girl I meet is Argentine, American, British, or whatever.... But I would like to think that I will be able to meet one and perhaps have a nice relationship, get married, etc... Anyone??

I suggest you read this thread: Argentine Women Are All...

mrisley said:
I am sorry that everyone has had such a bad experience with Argentine women. I just had my 10 year anniversary with my Argentine wife. We have one child, 3 years old. The truth is, she is a saint. She puts with my sh*t, and has been with me through the good times, bad times, and unbearable times. She is very special. She was born in a small town in Jujuy and raised in Puerto Iguazu. I dated several others before I met my wife, but I never had any of the problems mentioned here. The other thing is on a scale of 1 to 10, I would put American women a 4 and Argentine an 8, there is no doubt about that! Good luck to all!

Mike

I find the women from Paraguay to be a lot less crazy and over dramatic. I also noticed how catty Argentine women can be when it comes to women from other places, rather amusing.

RobeartoNYC said:
Please give me some words of hope... I don't care if the girl I meet is Argentine, American, British, or whatever.... But I would like to think that I will be able to meet one and perhaps have a nice relationship, get married, etc... Anyone??

Two of my expat friends are married to porteñas and most have long term girlfriends. Don't get overly disheartened by people tripping over themselves to tell you how terrible it is here.

Back