Dating Argentines...

BlahBlah said:
Go look for them far, far away from Capital

BlahBlah,

I was just wondering...

How have you posted 373 times and yet not once have you given "THANKS" to someone else. :eek:

How is that possible?

-Napoleon

PS- Napoleon is the giver of 47 "THANKS" to go along with 500 posts or 1 for every 10.6 posts... at that rate BlahBlah should have given 35 "Thanks" by now. Where's the love?

EliasBB said:
I agree. It's hard finding a serious relationship in Argentina, but at least dating an Argentine is more interesting and passionate. Most Americans are too boring... they think that the only place and time for sex is the bed and at night, never kiss passionately (only pecks), and seem to be afraid to display any emotions in public. If you could only Argentinize an American. haha!

And regarding the Telos... it's a great idea and it's not only for people having affairs. It's for everyone who is horny and needs a place for sex. Everywhere else in the world you have to wait for your parents to go on a vacation or business trip to have the house and bring your boyfriend or girlfriend...and sort of PLAN where or how to have sex... or book a real hotel room for just sex. Argentineans are more spontaneous and less repressed about this and I think it's great!

I do not agree with your post that Argentinians are more passionate than US or European citizens. Many societies that on the outside seem conservative have very passionate citizens.

I had a US friend who lived in Instanbul Turkey for many years and he decided to move to Buenos Aires and he literally told me he could not get lucky here . I laughed at that but he recounted that In Instanbul the woman and the society in general were much more sexual than Argentines.

I do agree though that Telos are healthy and fun at times but I do not believe that there is more sex here because of them .
In most western societies people have access to their own accomodation or even nice cars in a romantic setting.

Generalisations are not good and if you need to compare yourself to another society it shows immaturity and insecurity.

pericles said:
I do agree though that Telos are healthy and fun at times but I do not believe that there is more sex here because of them .
In most western societies people have access to their own accomodation or even nice cars in a romantic setting.

Telos exist to fuck a prostitute, a one night stand or a non formal girlfriend

Generalisations are not good and if you need to compare yourself to another society it shows immaturity and insecurity.[/quote]

Personally I think telos are the most anti romantic thing ever. You go there with your fixed purpose to get done with in a short time and you lie on filthy sheets..
But I think comparing cultures is fun and great, that's what anthropologists do, isn't it? Far from being immature, I think comparing cultures may help you understand your own culture or either accept it or reject it. Besides, not comparing is almost impossible, don't you think? Even if we don't say it, we always think of what we like better.

Reactions: RWS
I have heard from many sources that Argentinian women are tough nuts to crack.

My first impression is good for them.

I actually like a little fight. (that is the reason I did not like Colombianas - not enough fight). But there has to be a reward that is worth the effort (and I am not referring to sex) the woman must be worthy.

I will see ...

veridance said:
Generalisations are not good and if you need to compare yourself to another society it shows immaturity and insecurity.

Personally I think telos are the most anti romantic thing ever. You go there with your fixed purpose to get done with in a short time and you lie on filthy sheets..
But I think comparing cultures is fun and great, that's what anthropologists do, isn't it? Far from being immature, I think comparing cultures may help you understand your own culture or either accept it or reject it. Besides, not comparing is almost impossible, don't you think? Even if we don't say it, we always think of what we like better.

Someone who thinks Telos are for romance :D

BlahBlah said:
And for FORMAL girlfriends when you're not allowed to bring someone back to the house and you can't go to their house.

You forgot that one as well.

BlahBlah said:

Thanks for the clarification (in such precise and sensitive terms).

When does a "girlfriend" become formal?

Back