Dating in Argentina vs Dating in US/UK....

Surely, "pie" is the best part? As one of my favorite philosophers says:

And when she asks me what I'd like to eat
I realize the domina feels the same
And I reply: What about your pie?

Isnt it a bit sexist to assume that women cant voice their opinions, cant defend themselves (in case they really should be offended by this thread)? Why the urge to step in on behalf of someone else?
I don't see that the post by Ries (whose gender I don't know, just as nobody can know my gender, or yours, or most people here really) assumes that women can't voice their own opinions or defend themselves, or is stepping in on their behalf. S/he (Ries) is simply saying that they (females) are not participating on this site.

How s/he draws that conclusion I don't know. I believe most of us assume that most of the genderless pseudonyms on this board represent males, but actually there is no way of really knowing that. It is fascinating that we do so.

I don't see that the post by Ries (whose gender I don't know, just as nobody can know my gender, or yours, or most people here really) assumes that women can't voice their own opinions or defend themselves, or is stepping in on their behalf. S/he (Ries) is simply saying that they (females) are not participating on this site.

How s/he draws that conclusion I don't know. I believe most of us assume that most of the genderless pseudonyms on this board represent males, but actually there is no way of really knowing that. It is fascinating that we do so.
In the first post Ries seemed pretty annoyed about the thread (“sexist stuff”).

And lets not pretend otherwise: Ries is male, you are male, i am male (i stand corrected of course if i am wrong). It is not because of pseudonyms, but about the subjects one talks here, and how we talk about them

Don't tell me your gender. I don't wanna know it!

Don't tell me your gender. I don't wanna know it!
See! The likelihood that behind a person who talks about football (in another thread) and posts videos of reservoir dogs is a woman is <0.1% ;)

You meet people everywhere, Recoleta or ghettos, Cafes, markets, streets. Some of the people in this forum met their wives in stores. One time I was looking at the real estate photos on Santa Fe, a lovely lady was also looking at the photos there, I asked her couple of questions, she started to offer to find me an apt, she is not in real estate business. Another time I was running in Recoleta, saw a young women from UK looking at the fresh empanadas, I told her that there was a better store nearby, she started to ask more questions, at the end of the conversation, she said she and her fiance would like to invite me for dinner so I could tell him the same stories again. I told him not to invest in Argentina, later we became friends, and they bought real estate in Malta, and I visited them in Malta. I am an Asian guy in my 50s, speak almost zero Castillano, I met so many people in BsAs from different places that each time I visited Argentina, I was never able to get out city of Buenos Aires, there are always people to hangout in the city. You just have to say hi to people and Argies love to talk to foreigners in general. Later, I visited some part of Europe more often, same. If you are visiting Thailand or Vietnam, you literally can meet people in malls, stores, streets, restaurants, dance clubs, parks, schools. Very different from US. You might be just an average Joe from Santa Clara California, but can be an interesting man in BsAs or Sant Petersburg Russia, just like this guy

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Interesting_Man_in_the_World

Ahhh, Malta! Another of those places on my list that I am never going to get to visit. Such is life.

See! The likelihood that behind a person who talks about football (in another thread) and posts videos of reservoir dogs is a woman is <0.1% ;)
See! You are clinging to stereotypes that could be leading to all kinds of mistaken conclusions.

I will continue to withhold my gender. I may even change my moniker on this site from Alby to Mr Pink.

It always amuses me that threads like these on Expat forums are guaranteed to have at least one or two "casanovas" who have apparently slept their way through half the native population.

Happily married and in a relationship for 12 years, but in defense of the Casanovas wouldn't it make sense from a group of people (like this forum) that some have indeed put themselves around a bit?

Happily married and in a relationship for 12 years, but in defense of the Casanovas wouldn't it make sense from a group of people (like this forum) that some have indeed put themselves around a bit?

Seems adequate to me that young in spirit singles with other sets of behavior and needs exchange here data on finding and relating to potential sex partners

Back