Dating in BA

i hear all this stuff about money, diplomatic families, status, jobs....
what does that has to do with finding someone that loves you and respects you?
just like everywhere in this small world, you will find assholes and great guys.

if you are in the right mind set (settling down and forget the rules), then you will find him.

i had a list of things i wanted in a man (i lived in SF for many many years) and wound up dating rich guys, trendy guys, musicians, fashionistas, artsy fartsy people.....they are all full of it.
i traveled to argentina two years ago and found someone that was so down to earth and didn't care about the rules on how to date. we went for it and fell in love.
(mind you, i read quite a lot about south american guys before traveling here so i knew they were too machistas). I found the opposite in my husband. He is a rare jewel and I am such a lucky girl to have found him.

when you know its the right person, you just have to follow your heart and all those stupid rules you have made for dating and all those "what i want in a guy" list you have in your diary, will all go down the drain.

those are SHALLOW THINGS. it will lead to a divorce or a break ups. what matters is the devotion and love you will have for each other.
and all of this tends to happen when you least expect it...

Merci

jayjane said:
I understand there are bad guys everywhere and all anyone can really do on a topic like this is share experiences.

Switch "guys" for "girls" and Amen! I've been married to an Argentine woman going on four years and couldn't be happier.

As a coach who spends a lot of time helping others with relationships, you tend to attract what "fits" with your own issues, regardless of the culture. The dysfunctions we carry with us, unfortunately, speak a universal language. The key is to recognize what you're getting out of each relationship (not all "benefits" are positive) and knowing that you can do something about it if you don't like the results. The hard truth is: it's about you and how much you grow, not dating someone else.

TexanPaul said:
As a coach who spends a lot of time helping others with relationships, you tend to attract what "fits" with your own issues, regardless of the culture. The dysfunctions we carry with us, unfortunately, speak a universal language. The key is to recognize what you're getting out of each relationship (not all "benefits" are positive) and knowing that you can do something about it if you don't like the results. The hard truth is: it's about you and how much you grow, not dating someone else.

Spot on as it's in......

An Absurd Game

Hahaha...this is a funny one.

There is a gal I've been casually dating. Over the weekend, I stayed over a night at her house. That night, I was using her computer to check my email and current BA Expats drama.

On my email account, there was an email with a subject 'Looking forward to seeing you' from a women.

Her reaction? Freak the fuck out! I couldn't even explain over all the screaming.

The lady who emailed me? My mom who is coming to visit.

BAFinance said:
Hahaha...this is a funny one.

There is a gal I've been casually dating. Over the weekend, I stayed over a night at her house. That night, I was using her computer to check my email and current BA Expats drama.

On my email account, there was an email with a subject 'Looking forward to seeing you' from a women.

Her reaction? Freak the fuck out! I couldn't even explain over all the screaming.

The lady who emailed me? My mom who is coming to visit.

hahahaah....typical

Back