Dating in BA

Hello

First of all I want to say that Iam local and so is my opinion on this subject, I know that there are a lot of unfaithful men and women as well but there are some other that are married and don`t feel like going out with the first one you can meet on the streets. Iam married Iam from here my husband is also Argentine and we have been happily married for 9 years now and likely to remain that way.

Wow! While I am not moving to BA to "find a man", I think they must be getting a bad rap. There are many types of women and men regardless of where you are. Look forward to the experience myself. I guess then I can judge. Wish me luck! Happy new year!

NaVette said:
I married someone I met at a nightclub who came up and grabbed my boobs from behind 7 years ago. Best decision of my life too. Luck of the draw I guess. GL to all the daters out there.

What a beautiful story to tell your grandchildren...I hope you believe in plastic surgery or your tit grabbing husband will be grabbing someone elese in a few years time when yours go south...:)

OK this thread is so negative! i have to at least spead some hope.

I found a super hot, manly, loving, kind and hilarious Argentine who is responsible, hard working, dependable, good with money and treats his mother with respect. He's been the best boyfriend I've ever had. He helps with the dishes, buys groceries, is sweet and affectionate and re re RE Argentino! But he's my Argentino, and I love him. Not only are there good ones out there - there are GREAT ones.

And in case youre wondering, I met him in a boliche.

I'd like to throw out some positive as well, as my boyfriend is also Argentino (we've been together for a year as of last week) and he doesn't fit any of the "stereotypes" I have read on this thread. He was actually quite slow to say "I love you" and has never jumped into anything without being extremely logical about it. Not exactly your fiery impulsive Latin Lover. He is also very dependable and independent and is good with money, he even helps support his parents as they are getting older. He does almost all the cooking and is quite good at it...

I guess the point is, you can't stereotype a whole country of men or women... And that some Argentines will make amazing and wonderful partners/boyfriends/girlfriends.

Be careful, as an Argentinian girl I've dated both Args. and Ams. and Ams. are definitely more sincere and straight forward. My comps. like "mucho verso" sometimes.

vivibs said:
Be careful, as an Argentinian girl I've dated both Args. and Ams. and Ams. are definitely more sincere and straight forward. My comps. like "mucho verso" sometimes.
I can't agree more...you gotta have the skin for an Argentine man ...but then again you find immature men and women everywhere. :)

Ouch some of the comments on here are harsh. I am married to an Argentine. Best relationship I have ever had. He is more romantic, more thoughtful, more willing to share everything than anyone else I have dated.

I know these guys get a bad rap for cheating among my Argentine girlfriends but, I find them incredibly loyal if they truly fall in love with you. And not just that, his friends will be loyal to you. I feel like his childhood friends came along with the marriage. Now, I have nearly 30 overprotective brothers who would literally fight any drunk guy at a bar who gets too close especially if my husband is not there and who would help me out whenever I need. They have cooked for me, driven me around, brought me to meet their mothers, and generally love me like family. There are a few in my hubby's group that are coupled up and their serious girlfriends are treated the same way but, there is an obvious difference between those that are serious about their girls and those that are not. Until the relationship is considered serious the girl seems to be a bit of an outsider. And serious is not always a measure of time or "stage". There seem to be girls that remain on the outside for a long time some even if they are nearly engaged. One thing though is that the group including us girls is entrusted not to mention any cheating we witness if the guy feels the situation isn't serious and he does cheat. Unfortunately, the girlfriends being cheated on do not always know that the guy isn't as serious as they are. This can be difficult for me but, I accept it. In a way it means I am in the circle of trust.

jayjane said:
One thing though is that the group including us girls is entrusted not to mention any cheating we witness if the guy feels the situation isn't serious and he does cheat. Unfortunately, the girlfriends being cheated on do not always know that the guy isn't as serious as they are. This can be difficult for me but, I accept it. In a way it means I am in the circle of trust.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Do you think those friends would tell you something in the event your hubby was unfaithful? Sorry, but Argentine men have 0 respect....

To be honest I actually do think they would say something, some perhaps out of jealousy/competition. Not that I worry about anything of the sort. I have an incredible marriage. Statements like "Argentine men have zero 0 respect" really bothered me about this topic so, I wanted to share my experience. I understand there are bad guys everywhere and all anyone can really do on a topic like this is share experiences. There are cultural differences to be sure when dating Argentines but, there are a lot of great men here. It's too bad you haven't had that experience. Que lastima! I know a few good ones that are single too but, I am just as overprotective with them as they are with me. I have to know a girl well before I set-up a match.

Back