Dating in Buenos Aires.

MizzMarr said:
If he comes across as this misogynistic and arrogant virtually, no wonder his experiences with women (American or otherwise) are so negative. You reap what you sow--in this case, nothing but poison. ick.

I think this makes a good point. I mean if you are going to go into a relationship with a negative attitude you are going to get negative results. If I decide all Argentine woman are this way and all Argentine men are that way then I will never actually get to know each individual one and even if we can make generalization about a culture or group of people no two people are the same.

I read an interesting theory on prejudice and racism one time. It said that one of the reasons humans are inclined to have them is because it is a time saver. People are prone to try to find the easiest way to do things and if you generalize a whole group of people as bad and another group of people as good then you don't have to go through the trouble of getting to know every single one of them on a personal level. It's just a theory, I don't know if it's true, but it gives you something to think about.

844812-fail_thread_super.jpg

I guess after all these posts during the last five months, maybe some of you girls changed your mind! For the ones that don´t, I think we should meet up with some local guys for some drinks, discuss about it and i m sure you ll realize you are absolutely wrong!;)

0% foreplay
170% tongue on a 250% spin cycle washing machine snog setting.
325% sex set on full throttle jack hammer

Emma B said:
0% foreplay

Who does this apply to?

Emma B said:
0% foreplay

MizzMarr said:
Who does this apply to?

It's the never-so-gentle sexual "technique" of the "typical" Argentine male.:p

...so I've been told.:D

i teach business english to 20-30 year old Argentines. it turns out that none of them care about business at all and we spend the majority of class talking about social issues and gossip. What i have gathered from our classes is as follows. Dating in Argentina is significantly different than dating in the states. If your seeing someone and sleeping with them it does not mean that you are dating them. People can go on for months just having the "friends with benifits" title and having as many "friends" as they like. So even though it might seem like cheating to you, unless he/she specifically calls you his girlfriend/boyfriend than your not actually dating.

I don't know if this adds to the discussion really... But I've always found American women + Argentine men a really good match. I'm 24 and have been here about 2.5 years and nearly all my friends who are still here are in long-term relationships with Argentines... including my younger friends. And 2+ year relationships are pretty long at this age. And not only are these relationships surviving... they seem to pretty healthy relationships. I think it's a good match because American women are a little more willing to take care of themselves than Argentine women and Argentine men are a little more willing to take care of us than American men... In other words, we get spoiled and they don't have to deal with so much hysteria!

Alilou said:
I don't know if this adds to the discussion really... But I've always found American women + Argentine men a really good match. I'm 24 and have been here about 2.5 years and nearly all my friends who are still here are in long-term relationships with Argentines... including my younger friends. And 2+ year relationships are pretty long at this age. And not only are these relationships surviving... they seem to pretty healthy relationships. I think it's a good match because American women are a little more willing to take care of themselves than Argentine women and Argentine men are a little more willing to take care of us than American men... In other words, we get spoiled and they don't have to deal with so much hysteria!

According to my argentine friends (the male ones anyways), foreign women are a good match because they´re all easy.

Back