Dealing with noisy neighbour in an apartment block

Correction.....
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Remove my phrase....grant you an injunction. It should read ........"[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]the court MAY grant you [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]a lien on their apt so you can collect when it's sold". [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]They [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]need to get the upstairs neighbours to move out. [/background]

In your opinion, (1) who do you identify as the "they"? And (2) what should those "they" do to assist Jan with her plight?

To date....has the bldg administration taken any legal action? Has the bldg consorcio,...her neighbors.....taken any collective action of support.

Now Jan's situation has escalated to a physical attack on her body and verbal death threats. They are both mute points until she files a complaint with the CABA police.

It takes someone to die to hear the outcry of the common man.

Gracielle, thanks for outlining what I'd look forward to in filing a civil action against my neighbors. I'm not going to bother talking with an attorney if the case could take years. There has to be a better way.

An Argentine friend suggested I write a letter to a neighbor -- Gabriela Michetti. It's worth a try.

You should have mentioned from the start that Gabriela Michetti is a neighbor. I suggest first you file a police report. Then send the letter to the Vice President with copies of all the mediation papers and include the police report.

Moving would be giving up. NO WAY! This has gone on far too long to just give up and move out. They need to get the upstairs neighbours to move out.
I live upstairs from the two women, one of who has been here more than 15 years. She won't be moving and nor will I.

You should have mentioned from the start that Gabriela Michetti is a neighbor. I suggest first you file a police report. Then send the letter to the Vice President with copies of all the mediation papers and include the police report.
I've known only since February that the Vice President lives two blocks away; I walk past her house on the way to ride a bus. I'll be writing her a letter and including all the complaints and mediation orders.

The women must be away this weekend, but that doesn't stop them from causing noise. The television was on yesterday from 16hs to 24hs and programmed for more noise this morning. As far as they know, I'm still trying to sleep in the bedroom. This is intentional disturbance by two mentally unbalanced women.

Isn't it sad that two adults cannot communicate and reach a solution - it is harder when dealing with a mental illness.

Isn't it sad that two adults cannot communicate and reach a solution - it is harder when dealing with a mental illness.

The differences between "mental imbalance" and "porteña viva normal" aren't always obvious.

(The comment is snarky, but intended to be completely supportive of Jan's distress.)

Back