Diet

Since the 90's my white blood cells count was destroyed by radiation therapy (regrettably). It's been around 88 ever since ,,, (normal range should be between 150 / 450).
Yet my immune system stayed in tact due to my diet. I even survived COVID without a vaccine.

Post in thread 'Looking for a job as an English teacher' https://baexpats.org/threads/looking-for-a-job-as-an-english-teacher.47729/post-453052

From health point of view (not form cost saving POV) ,,,

Roast beef, eggs, coffee and water.
Is this possible/doable tenacity wise?
Is this healthy?
Sustainable?
For how long?
Long term risk/studies?
I do it for the healh benefits, not the cost. Nonetheless, eating as much meat and eggs I desire on a daily basis is far more "cost effectve" than any alternative I have tried in the past.

I recently reduced my daily costs by eliminating butter and cheese completely, but the primary consideration was not the cost.

It's important to note that I always cook the meat and the eggs using beef tallow (aka: LARD) and I pour evoo on both after cooking. I never use "vegetable" (aka seed) oil to cook. I am not planning on buying more olive oil after I use my current supply. I always consume all ofthe fat after ít congeals in the plancha.

Evoo and coffee are the only plant based "substances" which I still consume and I never use the olive oil to cook. I want to emphasize that I am in a continual state of ketosis and do not consume carbohidrates in any form...including fruits, grains, seed, nuts, or vegetables. Nothing with natural or added fructose or added sugar finds its way into mí boca. Eggs might have a few carbs but not enough to matter.

Of course all moderately and highly processed foods including bread, pasta, are never consumed, so I never injest anything with added natural or artificial sweetners.

The only seasonings I am using at this time is sal rosada

PS: I mentioned my cost of whaI eat in the thread about teaching English to compare it to the cost of a Starbucks frappucino. It was not my intent and still is not my intent to advocate the "carnivore" diet. Everyone must do their own research and make their own choices. I will explain how I made my choice in a future post and post a few links to videos I've watched in the past 24 hours which deal with questions asked in this thread.

Last edited:
I don't understand the question here...you would like to sustain yourself daily with nothing but beef and eggs?
I actually am sustaining myself with beef and eggs AND tallow (aka: LARD), water, and ancient sea salt.

I am still consuming coffee and extra virgin olive oil on a daily basis, but I am seriously considering eliminating them in the near future. I stopped consuming butter and cheese about two months ago

PS: I significantly increased my daily intake of tallow when I stopped consuming butter and I never trim the fat from the meet I cook.

Last edited:
For testing diet is working or not, is doing frequent blood work ; And the best markers of good health are high HDL ( more than 44) and low tryglycerides ( less than 70) for men. A ratio of less than 2 ; 70/44 = 1.59

some more factors for good health ( for men) are

1. less girth on belly button ideally less than half your height in inches
2. Good Testerone level ( free T - 600 plus), good free T3 ( 3.75)/ free T4/ TSH levels ( less than 0.25-0,75)
3. insulin ( less than 100) , Glucose ( 10.0) not pre diabetic levels and/or homa IR ( 2.0)/ A1 C ( less than 5.0) levels are OK

If you have managed all this you are already doing well

Apart from this keep a check on yr PSA levels, colonoscopy, Kidney, and level functions ; Sleep well ( 2 hours deep sleep), daily movement - suggested weight training and less stress.

All the best.

Fatty fishes
Big salmon ,,, more than 4kg
Big trouchon ,,, more than 3kg
Smaller ,,, not fatty enough.

I ask the cleaner not to trim the fat.

HDL/TRIGLICERIDOS ,,, 52/40

Last edited:
I've never heard of this diet, but it would probably make a nutritionist go pale in the face.
I can easily imagine a "nutriionist" going pale in the face, especially if they ate mostly fruits, vegetables, and grains, cooked with "vegetable" oil, and abstained from the consumption of meat and animal fat.

It's another subject, but i would also expect them to be pale in the face due to the lack of exposure to direct sunlight and/or the use of sunscreen.

Is it possible? Anything is possible. People in Haiti are eating pies made out of mud.
Is it actually possible for them to derive any nutritional value by eating mud pies? If it isn't, then not "anything" is possible, especially in this context.
Is it healthy? Depends on your predispositions & current health state.
I am convinced by the evidence I have observed that it is, especially given the actual effects it has had on my body and my digestive system, as well as my skin, gums, and toenails, and even my posture.

Eggs are high in cholesterol. Are you already at risk for heart disease?
As far as I know, even if eggs are "high in cholesterol" eating nine or ten eggs per day does not cause choledstorol to build up in or clog arteries.

Eating "whole wheat" bread will accomplish that undesirable result. My arterial blod flow increased dramatically in the two years after I stopped eating bread and pasta five years ago.

Beef intake is highly correlated to colon cancer risks.
I haven't encountered compelling evidence of a causal relationship. I am well aware of such claims, especially by government agencies, big agriculturae pushing their propaganda in support of their own agendas.

Do you have genetic cancer markers in your family?
None whatsoever, but increasing evidence shows increasing cancer rates linked to the consumption of highly processed foods filled with added chemicals, preservatives, trans-fats, and sugars.

Where are you going to get your vitamins/minerals/antioxidants?
All of the nutrients I consume are derived from the beef and the eggs.

IMO, a balanced low carb diet with moderate exercise should be sufficient to lose whatever weight you want without resorting to such an extreme diet.
IMO, any low carb diet has too many carbs, and I had already lost all of the weight I wanted before going full carnivore, which has actually helped me gain some of the weight back, but in the form of muscle. My man boobs and belly fat have not returned and I weigh the same today and wear the same size clothes as I did fifty-serven years ago...

...when I was seventeen.

Last edited:
Where does drinking vast amounts of red wine fit in?
It probably won't come as any surprise that no amount of alcohol fits in with the carnivore (aka: "proper human") diet.

Fortunately, I crossed the bridge to abstinence ten years ago (when I could still eat foods full of sugar like peanut brittle and cinamon rolls to lessen the craving for vast amounts of red wine).

PS to my previous post: I was seventeen fifty-seven years ago....

...and I seriously doubt that I would be alive today if I had not stopped drinking wine ten years ago.

Fortunately, I crossed the bridge to abstinence ten years ago (when I could still eat foods full of sugar like peanut brittle and cinamon rolls to lessen the craving for vast amounts of red wine.
...and I lost all of the weight (more than I needed to lose) five years ago when I stopped eating bread, grains, pasta, and anything containing sugar.

At the same time I drastically (and erroneously) reduced my intake of protein (only one egg amd very little meat) daily as I began a KETO regimen. That resulted in the loss of muscle, which, as previously noted, I have recently been able to reverse.

Last edited:
Back