Divorce lawyer - law advice. Divorce in Arg., assets in USA

The best lawyer is you and your husband on good terms, can peacefully divide things and move on.
Otherwise both of you will be working for the lawyers for a long time. A good lawyer can drag this forever,
you will never see the end of it. I have seen people who have no assets/no money, and they both have a divorce
lawyer fighting against each other, and pay the lawyers by hours, that's ridiculous and dumb.

Very very true. Because the lawyers will want to escalate the worse if gets they more make.

The best lawyer is you and your husband on good terms, can peacefully divide things and move on.
Otherwise both of you will be working for the lawyers for a long time. A good lawyer can drag this forever,
you will never see the end of it. I have seen people who have no assets/no money, and they both have a divorce
lawyer fighting against each other, and pay the lawyers by hours, that's ridiculous and dumb.

Thanks. I do agree with you, I hope I never have to use a divorce lawyer to represent me against my husband, but I have been trying to come to an agreement and he is giving me the runaround. He is a lawyer himself and a master at chamuyo.

I need to know what my rights and options are to have some negotiating leverage, that´s all.

I would go for a consult stat. There are lots of red flags here (you don't know what accounts are, you're not sure if you're on them, your main assets are in someone else's name, etc). I'm not saying you are going to get screwed but it certainly sounds like you need a much more clear understanding of your financial position in order to come to a clear settlement. Were the apartments purchased after you marriage?

You can get divorced in either location and it will be recognized by the other.

Back