Do I Have To Kiss Everybody???

I like the kissing on the cheek because it's a great example of part of the whole culture that I like about being here, that everyone isn't so cold and closed off all the time. Sometimes my american friends say things like "is it weird for you to kiss the guys?" as though there is anything sexual about it at all, and comments like that are why Im glad to be here and not in the states!
Admittedly you were grasping way too much buttock on the follow through.

This was never the way I planned, not my intention.
I got so brave, drink in hand, lost my discretion
It's not what I'm used to, just wanna try you on.
I'm curious for you, caught my attention.

I kissed a plumber and I liked it,
His though skin and pipe wrench.
I kissed a plumber just to try it,
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it.
It felt so wrong,
it felt so right.
Don't mean I'm in love tonight.
I kissed a plumber and I liked it (I liked it).

:ph34r:

In general I like the kissing, because as a woman I can basically kiss everybody and it is mostly always the correct thing to do. This makes it easy, which I like. In my country, sometimes it just feels kind of weird when I don't know whether to hug or shake hands or just stand there. What I do find funny, though, is that we kiss in class - for example in sign language class, we are about 15 people and we all kiss hello and goodbye. And I found it weird to kiss the teachers goodbye! But now I just go with the flow.

I thought about this thread this morning. I was at a public office to have my fingerprints taken.
A woman walked in, presumably a colleague arriving for the afternoon shift - she kissed the receptionist (who was speaking with a customer), then kissed casher #1, who was taking fingerprints from a guy, then moved to casher #2 who was speaking with a man, after that she kissed cashier #3, etc.
Luckily, there were only 5 cashers. Then she went to the back to leave her stuff and likely kissed other colleagues. It has stricken me that it was irrelevant that the colleagues were dealing with clients, and being a public office there should be some sort of privacy when you are dealing with someone, right?

The same thing was noticed at the supermarket - when a casher walks in to start her/his shift, he/she touches the shoulder of each colleague (currently attending customers) and kisses her/him, as well as the security guards, the colleagues at the customer service desk, etc. Is it a way to lose time or is this really genuine?

I had a good laugh at this thread since it was one of the first things that was strange or a little uncomfortable at times when i first came here... I used to laugh when I worked at IBM . The managers male or female..would go around and kiss every person hello... now there are like 100 people on each floor .. and they go greet and kiss everyone.... I used to make a joke.... that they go to every floor kiss about 300 people then you go have a coffee and then off to lunch and the work day is done!

I have to admit it is weird to have someone you dont know or just met kiss you....... I have had a plumber kiss me.. male bartenders... an electrician... etc etc still weird

Here is my question???? what is the proper Argentina kiss... males just sort of press cheek to cheek.... with a man and a woman the man just gives a little peck on the cheek to the lady .... and women to women both kiss the cheek???? what is the proper way..I have been here 10 years and I am not sure.....????? what are the rules??? :p

It obligatory to kiss the plumber if there is a showing of plumber butt.
In US,
Very! ;) . I have to admit that I actually had a crush on this guy fixing every single thing in the house... I said to my husband "thank God he is not my type". Now, the young assistant... cuuuute! B)
Very! ;) . I have to admit that I actually had a crush on this guy fixing every single thing in the house... I said to my husband "thank God he is not my type". Now, the young assistant... cuuuute! B)
I do not have a crush on anyone who is not my type. Are you sure he is not your type if you are single ? ;)

Ah Garryl, I believe we don't share the same idea of what a crush is... nor did you get my humor. I crush and de-crush in minutes. I tend to "fall in love" with everyone who does an excellent job. Especially in BA, where efficient people are hard to find. :) . No le busques la quinta pata al gato.

Back