do males get robbed more in BA??

I may get skewered for this, but I think that BA is generally a pretty safe city.

Sure there are incidents, but I don't think it is reeeyy peligroso.

-Joe the Kabob

Several of my kids' friends got robbed over the last few years.

They were all boys.

They were robbed at night when they were heading home, alone.

The girls are never alone.... They are always with 2 or more and sleep over at a friends house. They never go home alone on foot... They are just more careful, or maybe the parents are more concerned and protective.

The boys seem to think they are invincible.

So this says more about the 'victims' then the robbers... In these cases the boys were an easier target.

I don't think the criminals care about gender... they just look for opportunity. :p

They don't care if you're blonde, brunette, young, old, a woman, or a man. :rolleyes: They're just looking for an easy target - if you haven't been robbed, it's not because some robber took pity on you or passed you up because you don't fit a profile... you just haven't come across one yet.

Out of my acquantances it's true that the guys have suffered more robberies, but that's mostly because the girls are much more careful when they go out (making sure to travel in groups, not spending too much time on the street at night, etc.)

i think it depends on the sort of crime. a woman will more likely suffer purse pulls on the street crimes against males involve more often weapons. i heard muggers sometimes don`t like to target females because they scream a lot.

What a odd question. You need to be as safe as possible. You are in as much danger as anyone living in a large city!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't assume because your female, pretty, str8, gay, tall, or short you have any special powers for not being robbed. Be aware of your surroundings, take proactive measures to avoid being a victim and count yourself as lucky.
Watch out for taxi drivers who will rob you and men who will drug you. It doesn't matter what part of the city your in, its all the same. My friends get mugged in Puerto Madero and the Recoletta. Don't stop to talk to strangers at midnight and keep moving. Just be smart all the time! But above all have a great time and enjoy the City!

Back