Do Not Forget, Wednesday October 27, National Holiday for Census

Does anyone know what the penalty for refusing to answer is? With the new police powers granted to migraciones, I'm hesitant to give any information.

The official notices are that transportation will be on a "normal" Sunday schedule:

"El transporte funcionará como los domingos. También habrá distribución y venta de diarios."

---------------------------------

No, in fact the information notices say that you do not have to let them into your home, that you can answer on the street.

I never answer my door unless I know who is there, too many home invasions in Mendoza. That would be the best tactic if you want to avoid the questioning, there is nothing the census taker can paractically do. There are not enough police around, and neither the police nor the census takers are paid enough.

------------

Rick Astley????:eek:

pauper said:
They don't, if one person is able to respond for all the other people who will spend the night there then nobody else is required.
So why do we have to close everything down? :rolleyes:

Yes, tourists are required to answer the questions as well.

really? are you sure? where did you see that? i didn't see anything one way or another. but i'm sure i missed it. thanx.

¿Los turistas también tienen que ser censados? Sí, los turistas deben ser censados ya que el censo de hecho es como una foto instantánea de la República.

http://www.censo2010.indec.gov.ar/index_preguntas_f.asp
So why do we have to close everything down? :rolleyes:
I dunno, why not mail out the forms in advance to have them completed before a deadline like in other countries? I guess for the same reason, a widespread and persistent low level of expectation of one's own people (possibly well placed).

http://www.censo2010.indec.gov.ar/index_preguntas_f.asp
I dunno, why not mail out the forms in advance to have them completed before a deadline like in other countries? I guess for the same reason, a widespread and persistent low level of expectation of one's own people (possibly well placed).

Because most of the people who keep this government in power probably couldn't read the form. And those are the ones they want to count the most.

I have the acutal census survey that they will use. I have printed it and done if for myself - I will give it to a neighbour, the do my own thing for the day. I tried to post it on BAExpats but it wouldn't work, so if someone is willing to accept it on personal e-mail, I will send it and you can send it around. It saves time when people come to your house - the only stipulation they have is that is that they say you must use HB2 pencils (so it is dark enough to read).

If anyone PM's me - I will send it on too!
D

Dolly said:
I have the acutal census survey that they will use. I have printed it and done if for myself - I will give it to a neighbour, the do my own thing for the day. I tried to post it on BAExpats but it wouldn't work, so if someone is willing to accept it on personal e-mail, I will send it and you can send it around. It saves time when people come to your house - the only stipulation they have is that is that they say you must use HB2 pencils (so it is dark enough to read).

If anyone PM's me - I will send it on too!
D

¿Puedo bajar el formulario de la página web, imprimirlo y completarlo para entregárselo al censista? No, usted debe esperar la visita del censista. El cuestionario de la página web es una copia del que se utilizará el día del operativo. El censista es quien debe completarlo ya que ha sido capacitado para ello. Además va a utilizar un lápiz especial ya que los datos serán leídos por un lector óptico.

OK, I know, they can do what they want - but I have completed the form - and will leave it with my neighbour - (fulfilling all legal responsiblilies) Maybe I will have problems later - I don't care. I was served with a deportation notice 6 months ago, so me and migraciones police are so familiar ( ina bad way) so this whole census thing - I don't really care to be honest.

Back