Do you fear a crash similar to 2001?

Why is it that 'cambiemos' supporters are always dragging CFK into an argument? Whether she lies, was corrupt, or whatever the case might be is irrelevant 3 years after now. Macri has been president for 3 years, now. He needs to start taking responsibility instead of playing the blame game. The 'it's Christina's fault' excuse has ran out of gas and he knows it. His poll numbers are abysmal and may continue to sink. Be a man and take responsibility for your actions. Step aside if you can't do the job.

It's either Cambiemos or Peronists. We have already seen what cambiemos is, and the Peronist party has always been able to recover.

Yes, they have always been able to recover after they have built that bonfire, watched it burn for their successors, and then swept in to be the heroes. Think of the situation the country was in at the end of menemismo. Of course, De la Rua just added fuel to the flames as london2baires pointed out. Once the bonfire became incontrolable, the peronist stepped back in and "recovered." It's easy to recover after a mega devaluation and the subsequent budget surplus that Kirchner started with, and then record crops. But what did we end up at the end of Cristina's terms, a budget deficit, a economy that hadn't grown in five years and 30% poverty, among many other problems. I see the same cycle, dynamic with Macri. And no one is arguing that Macri hasn't made colossal mistakes.

As Earlyretirement points out, it's so easy to Monday morning quaterback now. Everyone is saying that Macri should have set down his first day in office and called for a sort of Pacto de la Moncola, saying we're essentially broke and if we don't make severe structurally changes, this ship is going to sink, regardless. I wish he had . But with all the mafias and special interests in this country that just want to protect their piece of the pie, and the peronists being so populists, can anyone imagine that conversation going anywhere? I can't. The number of national work stoppages and just plain chaos would have made what's happened recently look like child's play.

And so the peronists take over (and I don't see them making those structural changes because those are not popular), and we end up with the same sort of situation we were end at the Cristina's terms, is that really "recovery?"

Yes, they have always been able to recover after they have built that bonfire, watched it burn for their successors, and then swept in to be the heroes. Think of the situation the country was in at the end of menemismo. Of course, De la Rua just added fuel to the flames as london2baires pointed out. Once the bonfire became incontrolable, the peronist stepped back in and "recovered." It's easy to recover after a mega devaluation and the subsequent budget surplus that Kirchner started with, and then record crops. But what did we end up at the end of Cristina's terms, a budget deficit, a economy that hadn't grown in five years and 30% poverty, among many other problems. I see the same cycle, dynamic with Macri. And no one is arguing that Macri hasn't made colossal mistakes.

As Earlyretirement points out, it's so easy to Monday morning quaterback now. Everyone is saying that Macri should have set down his first day in office and called for a sort of Pacto de la Moncola, saying we're essentially broke and if we don't make severe structurally changes, this ship is going to sink, regardless. I wish he had . But with all the mafias and special interests in this country that just want to protect their piece of the pie, and the peronists being so populists, can anyone imagine that conversation going anywhere? I can't. The number of national work stoppages and just plain chaos would have made what's happened recently look like child's play.

And so the peronists take over (and I don't see them making those structural changes because those are not popular), and we end up with the same sort of situation we were end at the Cristina's terms, is that really "recovery?"

We know that politicians lie, However, I have never seen anything close to the lies of Mauricio Macri. The man is just an outright liar, and that is the main reason many are upset with him. Furthermore, how could cambiemost be so pathetic and miss all of their economic predictions so badly, time and time again. They are constantly re-adjusting after their predictions have failed.

People who support Macri on this forum as well as cambiemos themselves, are constantly comparing cambiemos to the previous government and dragging them into an argument, to cloud Macri's blunders. Since they know, and Macri knows himself he is a disaster, it's their only hope.

We know that politicians lie, However, I have never seen anything close to the lies of Mauricio Macri. The man is just an outright liar, and that is the main reason many are upset with him. Furthermore, how could cambiemost be so pathetic and miss all of their economic predictions so badly, time and time again. They are constantly re-adjusting after their predictions have failed.

People who support Macri on this forum as well as cambiemos themselves, are constantly comparing cambiemos to the previous government and dragging them into an argument, to cloud Macri's blunders. Since they know, and Macri knows himself he is a disaster, it's their only hope.

But you are doing what you claim the macristas always do as they focus on the past (not the real issue), you are focusing on Cambiemos and not telling me what the peronists are going to do once they are back in power to really change things. Will you then just blame everything on Macri?

And remember the Ks had 12 years to turn this ship around and didn't or couldn't. It's impossible for anyone without major structural changes.

What has Macri done to even start turning the ship around.

1. What has Macri done for the Argentine Economy for example??
2. Isn't the Lebac counter productive to his campaign promise that structural investments would come to Argentina?
3. Please direct us to 1 piece of economic data, or at least economic policy, that suggest that Macri is turning around the ship?

The fact is that Macri has misspent tens of thousands of millions of dollars and then went to the IMF. This is was done by design in my opinion, and time will tell that Macri's companies benefited greatly from this.

But you are doing what you claim the macristas always do as they focus on the past (not the real issue), you are focusing on Cambiemos and not telling me what the peronists are going to do once they are back in power to really change things. Will you then just blame everything on Macri?

Let's be clear. Macri has created far more debt for Argentina than any other president in history. The damage that Macri has done will be a challenge for any other president to overcome, however, with proper measures, in due time, the next president should be able to improve economic conditions.

No I won't blame Macri. I will blame the current administration. The difference with me is that no political party has me in their pocket. What I said exactly about the Peronist is that Macri has proven himself to be incapable and incompetent, so the only other choice is the Peronist. Why should we continue to vote for a disastrous president.

In fact, I am shocked at your relentless defense of Macri, and mainly your argument is, that he is better than the other guys. I simply disagree with you, and tell you that he is not better than the other guys. My main complaint about Macri is that he is a habitual liar.

Fix Everything? He has not fixed anything, nothing at all! At least nothing that I can think of that is going to impact the economy. I think one of the biggest problems that people are having is, with all the lies.

0- poverty
the peso won't devauluate
we will keep inflation in check
we will create opportunity for young people.
we will get rid of the taxes on workers profits
investment is coming to Argentina <- remember that one?

in addition

all the economic projections (even though he knew what the previous government had done) have not come true. He has not even been close.

At the beginning of the year, he was saying 10% inflation. It could be over 50% by the end of the year.
The PBI is down 2.7%

700 factories have closed since he has become president. Last month alone, 57k jobs (en blanco) were lost.

He said he assembled the best team of the last 50 years. ROLMFAO!

What happened to Caputo? Dubjone said he was the right man for the job. Now he too was fired? What is Duvjone's Agenda?

Why should we believe anything anyone from this government says?

What has he done for the economy?

It's either Cambiemos or Peronists. We have already seen what cambiemos is, and the Peronist party has always been able to recover.
The Kirchner's have been gone for three years. When will Macri start taking responsibility for this country? He said a year ago this September that he wants to be judged, yet he has gone back on his word and refuses to take any blame, and is still pointing fingers at others.

This government has done absolutely nothing to stimulate the internal economy and it seems that this was engineered from the beginning to destroy the Argentina economy as to benefit a small elite class . I have never in my life seen such financial destruction of a country in just three years , the debt that Macri took on which has misteriously disappeared from the coffers of the central bank reserves which are less than 55 billion dollars . The debt that Argentina will have to pay is over 200 billion dollars all included . This was taken on board during the current government as Christina and her band left power with a small external debt . Yes they were corrupt and stole billions I am sure but they did not destroy the middle class giving them a chance to prosper . Now only the very wealthy class are prospering the rest are getting poorer by the day . How much longer before we have severe civil problems . Argentina is a country that has a history of social unrest and I fear greatly for the future here .

I am saddened by the current situation as like many expats we invested our hopes and dreams into Argentina. I did not come for the short haul but now I am going to leave asap. When the real shits hit the fan here it will be very ugly and it always wise to plan ahead . Venezuela once the jewel of the crown of South America in the 1960s is ground zero and I doubt there are more than 100 expats in Caracas now . Are we heading in this direction I believe we are full steam ahead . I wish it was different as Argentina when it good is the most glorious superb country that has everything to offer and much more. Now it seems like we are all on the titanic watching as the ship sinks .

Let's be clear. Macri has created far more debt for Argentina than any other president in history. The damage that Macri has done will be a challenge for any other president to overcome, however, with proper measures, in due time, the next president should be able to improve economic conditions.

No I won't blame Macri. I will blame the current administration. The difference with me is that no political party has me in their pocket. What I said exactly about the Peronist is that Macri has proven himself to be incapable and incompetent, so the only other choice is the Peronist. Why should we continue to vote for a disastrous president.

In fact, I am shocked at your relentless defense of Macri, and mainly your argument is, that he is better than the other guys. I simply disagree with you, and tell you that he is not better than the other guys. My main complaint about Macri is that he is a habitual liar.

You put words into people's mouths that were never there because of your rabid, fanatical hatred of Macri. If anyone tries to take a broader view of the situation and not just focus on one thing (the Ks' legacy) or the other (Macri's failures), they are relentlessly defending Macri. If the economy does not improve, I agree, Macri has to go. But the more important issue for me is how the country is going to get back on track for good, regardless of who's in power.

Back