Dolar Blue On It's Way To 10

I have mixed feelings. Happy, that my dollar can buy more pesos but sad for the locals, who are feeling the heat. Dont know, whether to celebrate or shed tears. Feeling torn.
Well we could help some others out by sharing ways people can benefit from the dual currency.

Here is a couple 1. Purchase airline flights for friends, family, etc who are outside the country, they pay you in dollars and you re sell them.

2. Process Argentines credit cards and give cash back poco a poco small amounts work.

Any other gigs people know of?

why bet on a sure thing? you all know it will happen. When - is the secret perhaps but think of all the people who suffer each day as a result of the devaluation of their own currency? Certainly not you expat at all. You talk about it but perhaps might laugh it off.. Who are the ones who suffer.. they are my friends who work each day .. some work for others .. some are entrepreneurs who work hoping to make more but then they have expats as clients.. how do they ask them or even ask locals to pay more for their services too.. they provide helpful services .. there bills are higher too.. how do they pay the bills. how can they ask for more pay... they are individuals.. Life is difficult. Any solutions? .. any ideas? .. I would appreciate knowing them too.. . many thanks to the forum..

Hey, I suffer! My wife and I are living and working here in Pesos, she is local. We laugh and make jokes as a way to alleviate the stress of living with a tanking economy! Hold tight and turn your pesos into something with more stability?

I follow the Tulipan Economics, (rubbers) when I came here the box was $1 peso today its worth $6 pesos , The dollar was then $3 pesos. To have the same buying power I need an $ 18 peso dollar.....!! yeap no less..!! :cool:
Surely if you had an $18 peso dollar you could stretch to prime.
You may be right XXL is not available any Longer... :D Hope not thinner
I think that Tulipan is like the "training bra" of condoms.

Once you get out of your teens, you should have moved on to PRIME. (Or bring others from overseas.)

There are rumors that if she wants to be elected, she is going to start selling dollars again at the official rate just before elections and then the blue is going to fallllllllllllllllll. Rumors says she plan to use 20 billion dollars for that.

There are rumors that if she wants to be elected, she is going to start selling dollars again at the official rate just before elections and then the blue is going to fallllllllllllllllll. Rumors says she plan to use 20 billion dollars for that.
Would this be in 2013?

Or 2015?...

...when the next presidential election is currently scheduled to take place? And how could the constitution allow a fire sale like that?

WIshful thinking

With all due respect, this is nothing more than a delusional dream that has no basis whatsoever in reality. First off all, the BCRA does not even have $20 billion USD liquid that it could intervene with if it wanted to (the claimed $39 billion USD of BCRA reserves includes about $15 billion in private USD holdings on deposit at Argentine banks). Second, the currency "respalda" of USD reserves claimed by the BCRA (claimed USD reserves divided by total amount of AR pesos in circulation) means the proper exchange rate should be about $7.80 AR/ $1 USD and that is if you believe the BCRA's statistics. USD reserves are not increasing and the monetary supply is increasing at an 40% annual clip so if the current monetary policy continues one year from now the proper rate will be $10.92 AR/ $1 USD. Third, if the BCRA totally opened up the exchange market without first devaluing the official rate to at least the rate backed up by claimed USD reserves there would be a massive run on the currency (BCRA knows this and therefore would NEVER allow this to happen).
The K government has backed themselves into a "calle sin salida" so to speak with these ridiculous monetary and economic policies; there are no good options at this point. Argentina, a country that could be on the economic level of Canada or Australia, is being run into the ground by two incompetent hardcore marxists (Moreno and Kicillof) and a delusionally arrogant kleptomaniac president.

Good idea - now, where to get those US$ 20 000 000 000 ? - and how long will they last, 6 hours?

Back