Dollar Blue Rate After The Elections

The first time I was in Argentina people would try to slip tourists fake ARS $20s, it was totally worth the effort. I heard some stories too. I guess those days are over since no one is going to care enough to examine a 20. They do understandable check every time a 100 is exchanged. I just remember being here a few years ago when a 20 still meant something.

Haha! I remember when a 100 meant something! Now the 100 is the new 20!

Having spent the last 9 years coming to Argentina, a few times a year back then, and now once a year, it's fascinating and sad to watch the country be torn apart in slow motion. Just got here this morning and I guess I'll be running on Pesos left over from last time, waiting to exchange some U$S for a couple days...

Yes, I'm a part time consultant. I came up with the idea of equating you currency black marketeers to cocaine traficantes.
Cocaine traficanteers are decreed legal. Where does this leave the Black Marketeers ?
Any good Fugozzitas in Ecuador?

today i called my cueva in the morning to know the rate i was told it was 9.7. In the afternoon I went and they said itw as 9.65. I told them I had called the same morning and I was told it was 9.7 and they only reply that yes indeed it was 9.7 but now it was 9.65. No explanation.

I was told 9.8 by the first and only person I asked on Florida this morning.
You need to find a better cueva!

today i called my cueva in the morning to know the rate i was told it was 9.7. In the afternoon I went and they said itw as 9.65. I told them I had called the same morning and I was told it was 9.7 and they only reply that yes indeed it was 9.7 but now it was 9.65. No explanation.

Markets move both ways and cuevas make different prices depending on whether individually they have more supply or demand. It's not as though there is some kind of centralised clearing system. One day one cueva will be able to give you a better price, the next another. Best to work with several.

Back