Dollar Blue Will Drop Like Stone

snip

When stuff like that happens, you remind yourself that you're definitely not in the 1st World anymore. I'm not saying that banks in the 1st World not allowing annoying marching band protests/little bugs is a good thing or a bad thing, it's just "different"... and a little less "interesting".

I would gladly have welcomed either one of these. Normally, my experience in banks here is a 2-hour wait inline to speak to the one annoyed employee who is working while the rest of the bank employees are sitting around drinking mate and talking about their weekend oblivious to paying customers.

wtf?

PS - that's Santander Rio. My experience with HSBC has actually been really good.

This culture of economic mismanagement has it origins in Italy:
itlire100k.jpg

You are soo missinformed. 100.000 lyres, this is for ammateurs, we, the argentines had the biggest billet ever printed of free circulation:

We still have 100 pesos bills, a sign that there is not a crisis comming ;)

Joe,

Zimbabue currently uses the United States of America Dollar.

What does a pizza cost in zimbabwe?? forget it... figuring out the 15% tip would be a nightmare

and if you leave 15%, by the time the waiter comes and gets it, it's really 10% and you can never go back there....

BTW Guayaquil is looking better and better a dolarized economy...!! Dollar Guayaquil anyone.

Back