Domestic Flight Without Passport?

So a foreigner when he arrives in States for tourism, should get a ID card first??

May I know where to get such ID cards for a foreigner on tourism in States?

This way all illegal migrants in US, can get a ID then??

And tourists should throw their passports in garbage on arrival in US?

You can't get an ID card (driving license) in the US unless you have a visa (not a tourist visa) and in most cases a Social Security Number. I say in most cases because there are several visa categories that allow you to be in the US without allowing you to have an SSN. Illegal immigrants can't get IDs. Undocumented migrants in California can get a driving license - this allows them to drive legally and have an ID but doesn't allow them to work (because they still don't have an SSN).

Of course people in the US know what a passport is - unless you're in rural Idaho or something.

So no chance of getting on a plane without a passport. Can you travel by bus (i.e to Cordoba for example) without a passport?

And if people don't accept another country's DL as a form of ID...what happens when that is the only form of ID you have because your passport is tied up at the embassy and you will need to show ID to the people at the DHL shop to get that passport back? errrrrr!

I don't know what kind of experience you had but they obviously know what a passport is. They will ask to see your DL and if you don't have one, then passport it is. I was out in Boston with a Moroccan friend and a Canadian friend, they had their ID cards from their home countries and we weren't allowed in to any bars (it was St. Patrick's Day, more controls), because the door guys were told by law they had to accept only passports.
In Boston there are many international students and many tourists, so bouncers are pretty experienced with international passports. Drive to a small town in Western Mass and you can end up with a liquor store guy who has never seen a EU passport before. Maybe it was the fear of losing his liquor license - but he insisted on seeing a US issued document.

In Italy, you can take a domestic flight with your DL, but you can't take an intl. flight without either your national ID (within EU) or your passport (outside EU).
This, of course, for Italian nationals.

I don't think a Spanish national could fly within Italy on his DL.

As far as I know, dl is only accepted as legal document in your country, if it is. In mine its usage is limited, but we have obligatory id. DL can help you to leave the country in case your passport is stolen, with other necessary papers of course.

With bus in Argentina probably could go through, probably you are just breaking the law, that you always have to have official document with you. In most countries they can put you in jail for that, but I doubt they will really do that, if you have your DL to show.

Nope.
If you aren't a resident, you are required to to have your passport - it's the only recognized form of ID. I was told by a police officer that tourists are required to always carry their passports everythwhere - I'm not sure if that is true (?) but def for travel purposes.

Nope.
If you aren't a resident, you are required to to have your passport - it's the only recognized form of ID. I was told by a police officer that tourists are required to always carry their passports everythwhere - I'm not sure if that is true (?) but def for travel purposes.

It's true, like in most countries in the world, but since I know one case, when passport was robbed here, police was complaining, why stupid tourists carry them around..

Nope.

There is not such a law.
It is a practical issue, you don't show the passport, they arrest you until they have the reply of your fingerprints. They might also send a cop to you appartment to get the passport (if they are nice).
If this happends a Friday, you are in until Monday.

Back