Domestic Flight Without Passport?

Just took a domestic flight and did not show my passport (or any ID) at any point in the process. Checked in online, printed own boarding pass and only took hand luggage. No passport required *anywhere* at the airport/on the plane.

And FYI on domestic flights there's no restriction on bottles/containers over a certain size. I'm not sure about other locations but from Mendoza you may take up to 6 bottles of wine per person *in the cabin* with you.

I can confirm I saw people checking on board with a case of bottles in Salta. I was shocked because I wanted to bring home some wine, but I thought I had to fit them in my checked luggage.

Just took a domestic flight and did not show my passport (or any ID) at any point in the process. Checked in online, printed own boarding pass and only took hand luggage. No passport required *anywhere* at the airport/on the plane.

And FYI on domestic flights there's no restriction on bottles/containers over a certain size. I'm not sure about other locations but from Mendoza you may take up to 6 bottles of wine per person *in the cabin* with you.

WTH? That's terrifying. I mean I know there aren't terrorism issues here but you would think at some point, they would want to verify the identify of the passengers.

I certainly hope this is true, since I will have to fly with expired dni back.. Thank you for good news!

hmmm, I have experienced fairly tight security at Mendoza in the past. I have also travelled frequently with a hand held lighter in hand luggage, and occasionally with a powerfull laser which I use for my work. These are the type of lasers that can blind a person and that have been used to bring planes down (yes the green ones !)... I just forgot that I didn't have it in my main luggage but was always surprised that they never pulled me over for it.

Just saw this thread for the first time and had to make a couple of comments.

Personal experience - I've used my Texas Driver's License when it was still valid, living here, at stores when using debit/credit cards. I used it once at the airport flying to Cordoba. I never carried my passport with me, not even a copy, even though I was supposed to. Never had a single problem. Things may have changed since then - it's been about three years since I've used my license since it expired in 2012.

In the States, I don't have a driver's license any more. I was just there last month, for a whole month, and I bought a number of things via credit/debit card that required identification. In no place did anyone ever bat an eye that I was using my passport - they seemed to know just fine what it was and what it could be used for...

And tourists should throw their passports in garbage on arrival in US?

Naturally, why would anyone need a passport if already made it to Shangri La? In fact keeping your passport should be seen by the authorities as a suspicious sign of flight risk!
But not to worry I hear there are plans to build a wall to keep taxpayers and captive TV audiences from abandoning the land of the free (r)

Back