Domestic Flight Without Passport?

Certified copy by notary (200 pesos) ir police (10 pesos).

the day I got my dni. I made photocopies..went to notary and got them certified...and carry them in my wallet ever since. anyone asks my id..thats what I show notarized dni copy.always always always worked for past many years on the streets of caba

When I used to come as a tourist, I used to take color copies of the first page of my passport and the entry stamp and carry it in my wallet. Anyone asked, showed it. Always worked on the streets of CABA.

Now you can use your dni, if you loose it, to renew is super easy and fast.

Now you can use your dni, if you loose it, to renew is super easy and fast.

Do you think its a crime to lose a DNI as someone who had got citizenship via naturalization. Will there by any harassament if one went to apply saying my DNI is lost..please give me a new one?

Will the DNI number remain the same?

The DNI remains with you for life, they will just print out a new card.

The DNI remains with you for life, they will just print out a new card.

Maybe you are right. But this question was for Bajo.

When did you become a expert in DNI renewal? You just received your first ever DNI less than 4 months ago.

--

One of my friends from Dominican Republic who was a naturalized Argentine citizen had a robbery in her apartment in 2011 and had lost her dni and passport in the robbery, and had faced lot of harassment for renewing it. May be things are better now.

Because your DNI is your national ID, it is yours for life. You have the same DNI since your are born 'til the day you die.

PS: don't get so defensive already!

Nope.
If you aren't a resident, you are required to to have your passport - it's the only recognized form of ID. I was told by a police officer that tourists are required to always carry their passports everythwhere - I'm not sure if that is true (?) but def for travel purposes.
I had received a flyer from the police of mendoza a few year ago with recommendations for tourists. One of them was to leave the passport in the hotel safe and only take a copy with you ...

Bajo,
Are you saying that on my arrival in BA I can take my passport to any police station and have them make a certified copy for me to carry around during my visit? And how does one easily find a notary? In the US you can always find one at any bank, car dealership or funeral home.
Thanks for all the good information.

Bajo,
Are you saying that on my arrival in BA I can take my passport to any police station and have them make a certified copy for me to carry around during my visit? And how does one easily find a notary? In the US you can always find one at any bank, car dealership or funeral home.
Thanks for all the good information.

Yes, please let me know where I'm going to be able to get a notarised copy of my passport since I'll be effectively passport-less for a few days.

You make tthe photocopy, they certify it if you show the original and pay 10 pesos.

Back