Dove Hunting in Argentina?

nicoenarg said:
Was that an attempt at humor?

Taking the piss? I am serious. Keeping their beliefs in mind, Buddhist monks might look at you as if you were crazy if you killed a bug.

I am sure we have all killed a cockroach Nico, but, after it was squashed under your shoe did you go looking for more?

That is the point I am trying to make.

Why would anyone want to unnecessarily kill anything, be it bug, insect , dog mouse fish, person or whatever else?

What pleasure could come out of killing anything (apart from mosquitoes)?

I really am curious. People should be allowed to do what they like as far as I am concerned, but, Id rather not have any hunters watching my kids or dog sitting.

It just seems a bit narcissistic.

snowwhitebum said:
Im off out now, thanks for the debate killers:)

No problem mosquito murderer.

Think on it while you're sleeping, why is it okay to enjoy killing mosquitos?

snowwhitebum said:
I am sure we have all killed a cockroach Nico, but, after it was squashed under your shoe did you go looking for more?

That is the point I am trying to make.

Why would anyone want to unnecessarily kill anything, be it bug, insect , dog mouse fish, person or whatever else?

What pleasure could come out of killing anything (apart from mosquitoes)?

I really am curious. People should be allowed to do what they like as far as I am concerned, but, Id rather not have any hunters watching my kids or dog sitting.

It just seems a bit narcissistic.

Lol. If you don't see much of a difference between your kids and your dog then I understand why you seem so horrified at the thought of someone enjoying hunting animals/birds.

snowwhitebum said:
Im off out now, thanks for the debate killers:)

I get it now. I thought you were seriously interested in understanding why people hunt. It appears that you were just interested in throwing your opinion and judgement around.

snowwhitebum said:
Killing dogs as FOOD is fine with me

KILLING FOR FUN/PLEASURE?

I don't Give a f%#$ either way, I just question any man who takes pleasure in KILLING of any kind.

If you saw a pigeon with a broken wing and I went and stamped on it, would that be socially acceptable? NO, you would surely question my sanity.

You completely missed the point. It's a thinking thing.

From what I've experienced, hunters enjoy the hunt. The tracking, the aiming and shooting, and often the meat which they later consume or give away. It's not really about harming an animal, but rather the hunt itself. Shooting an animal that freely moves and can get away offers more of a challenge than shooting clay disks or soda cans.

Not that I really agree with or participate in hunting, but I can see why some people would like it.

I have to say, even as an animal lover, there's pigeons at my workplace that I would gladly shoot or have someone else do it while I look the other way. What they've done to the building is disgusting, unsanitary, and not to mention expensive and time consuming to clean up. The problem is the owner wants to get rid of them alive. At 50 feet up with straight walls... good luck catching them. And what's more, there are also about 20 cats in the area that the same owner feeds... it's quite a sight to see the cats laying in the sun next to the pigeons. :rolleyes:

Eclair said:
From what I've experienced, hunters enjoy the hunt. The tracking, the aiming and shooting, and often the meat which they later consume or give away. It's not really about harming an animal, but rather the hunt itself. Shooting an animal that freely moves and can get away offers more of a challenge than shooting clay disks or soda cans.

Some of us do. That's a part of the reason that I hunt. I tracked the same buck while bow-hunting for 48 straight hours on my Alabama farm. I packed my food in my jacket and never left the woods for two days. Slept on the ground at night and froze my a$$. That deer was one step ahead of me the entire time and was the most rewarding hunt I've ever had. Never got a good shot. There have been times where I have had easy shots and let the animal go.

At the same time, there were years that went by that we never had store-bought meat on the table. The meat we ate we either raised or killed on hunts. Hunting is also a way for me to remember all of the great times that my grandfather and I spent in the woods and the things I learned about how the world of nature works and to be responsible. I'm now teaching my kids the same.

Other people don't hunt that way. I once discovered a deer carcass in the woods with the mount (head) and cape cut off. The hunter shot the animal just to hang the head on the wall, the meat left to ruin. To me it's not the same as murder. But it's getting really close.

Yes, well poachers and people that just like to kill things are despicable. Those trophy or big game hunters that shoot caged animals or have guides take them to an unsuspecting animal aren't really hunting anything - just killing.

I was thinking more the along the lines of people like my uncle who live and hunt in the country. :) He enjoys hunting, but it's not because he's some kind of sociopath as was suggested.

Back