Driving in Argentina. International License??

There is an English version of the driving test. When I took the test the computers didn't have English as an option. Si o si you will have to take it in Spanish but it's not difficult.

There is an English version of the driving test but when I took the test the computers didn't have English as an option. Si o si you will have to take it in Spanish but it's not difficult.

Yeah , I knew that but just wanted to get the idea of the questions , so when taking the test , it would be a easier.

I drove to cordoba and back in march, got pulled but my Irish license was ok. I would feel better with a local version so I think I will do the test.

The cops in Cordoba are everywhere on the road and they have radars. When you pass theough Santa Fe you can relax but keep your eyes open, lights on and stay at the limit in Cordoba.

Ps...the motorway from Rosario to Cordoba is very straight and very boring!

Yeah , I knew that but just wanted to get the idea of the questions , so when taking the test , it would be a easier.

No point in a copy of the test in English when you have to take in Spanish anyway. And it's easy as pie. Here's the link to the govt bank of questions for the exam -- think they have over 100 listed from which 40 are taken. And they are taken word for word. And the govt website highlights the right answer. Study once or twice and if you've got any experience whatsoever it's basically impossible to fail (though when I took mine and got a perfect score the guy was shocked.... I just said I'd been driving for 20 yrs, but he said, no en serio, no one ever gets perfect....)

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/areas/obr_publicas/lic_conducir/preguntas_B__espanol_.pdf

syngirl,

Thanks for the encouragement and link !! But you may be giving away your age in your post !!

Argentina has an agreement only with Spain or England which allows those with driver's licenses from those countries to exchange them for Argentine ones without taking the test. I got my Argentine driver's license last month. It's very east. You have to take a driving course which is 6 hours that divided into two days. The day I went to the Direccion General de Licencias my appointment was at 11am but I showed up at 9am, and thank goodness. It took all day! After paying the fees and waiting in line for several hours I was able to take the physical and psychological test (which actually lasts 10 minutes), then a few more hours in another line and I took the theoretical tests via computer which literally took 1 minute to answer all the questsions. If you study word for word the test is extremely easy. Then you cross the lawn and go to the driving school and rent a car to take the driving test. The car you can rent from a photocopy/kiosk set up inside the Direccion General de Licencias. The driving test was ridiculously easy. I got into the car and the instructor stood outside yelling at me at the top of his lungs. I had to parallel park, drive backwards around a rotunda and drive around some cones. (10 minutes). Then another two hours in line waiting for them to give me the actual license. Thinkof it this way. How many days have we lost going to Colonia to have our passport stamped? It's one long day of sacrifice, but it's well worth it.

I only had to do the theoretical test, pyschological, etc. Didn't have to actually do the driving part with my U.S. license. Maybe it's changed, but probably not.

Argentina has an agreement only with Spain or England which allows those with driver's licenses from those countries to exchange them for Argentine ones without taking the test. I got my Argentine driver's license last month. It's very east. You have to take a driving course which is 6 hours that divided into two days. The day I went to the Direccion General de Licencias my appointment was at 11am but I showed up at 9am, and thank goodness. It took all day! After paying the fees and waiting in line for several hours I was able to take the physical and psychological test (which actually lasts 10 minutes), then a few more hours in another line and I took the theoretical tests via computer which literally took 1 minute to answer all the questsions. If you study word for word the test is extremely easy. Then you cross the lawn and go to the driving school and rent a car to take the driving test. The car you can rent from a photocopy/kiosk set up inside the Direccion General de Licencias. The driving test was ridiculously easy. I got into the car and the instructor stood outside yelling at me at the top of his lungs. I had to parallel park, drive backwards around a rotunda and drive around some cones. (10 minutes). Then another two hours in line waiting for them to give me the actual license. Thinkof it this way. How many days have we lost going to Colonia to have our passport stamped? It's one long day of sacrifice, but it's well worth it.

I believe that Italy does as well. At least football players can get Italian Passports easy.

Argentina has an agreement only with Spain or England which allows those with driver's licenses from those countries to exchange them for Argentine ones without taking the test. I got my Argentine driver's license last month.
in there a link to the agreement?

http://playfutbol.infobae.com/notas/681707-Una-mala-para-Tevez-le-confiscaron-su-auto-por-no-poseer-una-licencia-valida.html

Back