Dude, Where's My Car?!

I believe that in a tired stupor at 1AM Sunday night, I accidentally left my parked car blocking the garage of a building across the street. Note that it appears the garage only fits one car, not all the cars of everyone in the building (so I probably just pissed off one guy and luckily not the whole building).

I was going out yesterday (Monday) at 5:45PM and realized the car wasn't there. That's when I realized I probably also blocked the garage. The street has recently changed to "no parking on the left" due to the construction on Cabildo. I was also parked on the left! (but they haven't been towing cars, just leaving tickets on a daily basis). I was a block over from my street so that's contributed to forgetting that I'm not supposed to park on that side anymore. Anyway, I don't think the car is missing because of that; I think it's missing because I left it blocking the garage.

BUT THEN.... we called the 147 number which is the City website. They didn't know what to tell us; they didn't have it on record that the car had been picked up. We went down last night to that place in Recoleta where the gruas take the cars. It wasn't there. He said it was weird, they don't remove cars from anywhere in Nuñez, and maybe it was stolen. He wrote down a phone number to call (which closes at 5:30 anyway) and he also wrote "Sarmiento & Obligado" on the paper, two streets that don't intersect anywhere. We called the number even though it was after 5:30 and it was someone's cell phone, totally the wrong number and no help at all.

We went to the police station; they told us there are no gruas in Nuñez, they have no information on where it might be, and to file a police report just in case it was stolen. I highly doubt it was stolen because it's a Peugeot 206 old funky car and I'm pretty sure I left it blocking that garage door and that's probably why it got removed by some legitimate entity. But who the hell do we call to find out where it is?!

The cop that patrols our corner told us, "Oh yeah, I saw a grua this morning pass by but I'm really not sure where he had picked up the car he was taking away, it could have been from anywhere, sorry not sure..."

Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on here?!?!??!?!?!?!

Are you sure where you parked it. Maybe it's around the corner, around the block, other direction. You were feeling no pain. :=) Maybe it's still there.

Tom

Driving a crappy car will cut down on robbery, but it is not 100% full proof.
We have a 1975 ford, horrible condition. we only use it to shoot in Villas. Tried to steal it twice.

Quite modern crappy cars (Fiat Palio, Peugeot 206, etc.) actually are/have been the most sold, so they are a target of choice.

Frenchie did you get a good deal on that face transplant?

I finally decided to put my real picture. I wear contact lenses now and wow, you can't imagine how many people look at me!
I finally decided to put my real picture. I wear contact lenses now and wow, you can't imagine how many people look at me!
Really? I suppose that without the glasses it's easier to lick your eyebrows.:}

Parked in a No Parking Zone, Parked in front of someones garage, parked on the wrong side of the street. Can't remember where you parked. Frankly you shouldn't be driving.

Not to slander your good name, lucha54, but are you sure you were not tired, but piss drunk.

Back