Economists warn electing Milei would spell devastation

We, the people currently drinking coffee at Bonafide Cafe, still find your liberal use of plural pronouns a bit perplexing. In the future, when you use 'we', could you please clarify right away whom you are referring to?

'We' are those who are concerned about his public statements or his known stances or positions.

Hi Wrangler thank you for your reply.

No one can know for sure what actions any politician will take. Where does that leave you, abstaining I suppose.

You illustrate my point. You come to a conclusion without evidence.

Please reply quoting the parts of my post where I state my gender or sexual orientation, or where I claim to represent the gay or the women's communities?

It would be like me replying to you as if you are gay or a woman or transgender or indigenous or any number of things, that I can not legitimately infer from your post.

Economics, I agree with you, is not a profession of particular note, however he has worked for several companies in senior roles and seems to have had a varied and relatively distinguished career, this puts him above Massa in my opinion, who has been a politician or politicians aide since 1989; since he was 17.

As far as Milei's integrity in congress, as a libertarian, which bills would you have had him co-sponsor or collaborate with given the policies are essentially antithetical to his beliefs?

Every candidate trash talks and mischaracterizes their competitors, it is part of running for political office. Milei is particularly colourful. For me it shows that he has personality and doesn't care what others think of him, a plus in my book, but this might put some off.

You are taking what I have said out of context. I am basing Miles's actions (what he might do) on the positions he holds or the statements he has made.

Isn't Sebas short for Sebastian? I assumed it was, and that you were male. Regarding whether you are gay or not, I would have thought you would have made it clear if you were, as it would have bolstered your statements.

If by 'senior positions' you mean he was a consultant for several corporations, then fine. But let me be clear, I am not aware of him ever holding a decision-making position. He never had the final say.

You are taking what I have said out of context. I am basing Miles's actions (what he might do) on the positions he holds or the statements he has made.

Isn't Sebas short for Sebastian? I assumed it was, and that you were male. Regarding whether you are gay or not, I would have thought you would have made it clear if you were, as it would have bolstered your statements.

If by 'senior positions' you mean he was a consultant for several corporations, then fine. But let me be clear, I am not aware of him ever holding a decision-making position. He never had the final say.
Just look at the horrendous damage professional politicians have caused,

Just look at the horrendous damage professional politicians have caused,

I don't advocate for any of them. The system is designed to favor a small portion of the population, not only here but in numerous countries. As Argentines, we're faced with an election where we must carefully choose who we believe will best serve our country's interests.

Last edited:
Even though he is rabidly anti gay and anti abortion?
I get what you're saying and agree with you, but when it comes to the abortion issue I think it's more accurate and effective not to describe someone's position as being pro or anti-abortion, but instead pro or anti-choice. Granted, it's just a semantical difference, but it does make a difference in how the issue and advocates for both sides are perceived.

I don't know anyone pro-abortion, as in advocating for abortion saying that it is a positive thing/experience, but I know plenty of people who are pro-choice and believe it's a personal decision for all involved and that an unfortunate rape/incest victim or someone at risk of losing her life due to the pregnancy should be able to make their own choice as to how to handle their pregnancy as opposed to a stranger or the government. As an adopted kid grateful for the chance at having a life I'm personally against abortion (as in I don't think I'd want to participate in one) but strongly pro-choice.

Pro-life is too vague and suggests that anyone pro-choice is therefore pro-abortion/anti-life - which obviously isn't the case. Anti-choice more accurately describes someone against giving people the option to make their own choice and believes government powers should be used to restrict their personal choice.

What are Milei's policies regards homosexuals and abortion, does he intend to repeal / change laws relating to these issues?

Is there a link somewhere that points to his platform / manifesto relating to these issues?
He has stated he is anti abortion; in favour of same sex marriage.

I suggest people read this article, in English, from El Pais. Milei is in favour of same sex marriage. How does that make him "anti-gay"?

https://english.elpais.com/international/2023-08-15/whats-going-on-inside-javier-mileis-head.html

“For me, marriage is a contract” between private parties, says Milei. Therefore, according to him, the state shouldn’t intervene. People can marry whoever they want, whether it’s someone from the opposite sex or the same sex. Milei even goes a step further and says that he’s against “marriage as an institution” regulated by the state. He himself isn’t married and has no known partner.

Back