El que no salta es un ingles (new blog!)

Ashley

Registered
Hi everyone
I recently started a new blog on life as an Ingles in Buenos Aires.
It's supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek, semi-serious account of the tribulations of a British long-term expat. While I've written comedy in English for a while now, this is my first foray into writing in Spanish (all be it expat Spanish) and I'm a little nervous as to a) whether it's at all comical and b) whether it will be completely lost on Argentines or, worse still, considered too offensive.
My plan is to write a new post at least x1 per week.
In the meantime, I'd really appreciate your feedback (either here or on the blog itself).
The blog is www.elquenosaltaesuningles.com
Ashley xx

Argentines love to complain about how things are here, but most of them HATE it when a gringo complains about the same things.

Not saying that you will have trouble. Just something to keep in mind.

va2ba said:
Argentines love to complain about how things are here, but most of them HATE it when a gringo complains about the same things.

Not saying that you will have trouble. Just something to keep in mind.

Yes, that is one of the things I'm most worried about, trying to maintain the British humour while offending the least amount of people possible. I think Brits generally are happy to lay into themselves (and everyone else) so it's difficult to keep that balance...

Hilarious!
I couldn't help myself from laughing out loud when I read your "quien carajo soy".

Looking forward to the next post!

Thanks alot of truth in this. Our multicultural nation is changing fast. I look on the street in the UK and everyone I see represents something different, where are we going? The riots we are having are generating alot of soul searching.

Back