Electrical blackouts coming

I would say between 30k and 70k pesos for basicy / medium models. According to ML

Uninformed question? can one start a diesel generator inside a 10th. floor apartment of a building ?. I had power blackouts for days , no elevators , no water pumps , no lights. , no air, no nothing if your apt was all electric . I see generators on the sidewalk outside small shops.

Uninformed question? can one start a diesel generator inside a 10th. floor apartment of a building ?. I had power blackouts for days , no elevators , no water pumps , no lights. , no air, no nothing if your apt was all electric . I see generators on the sidewalk outside small shops.
These generators are quite noisy. So I doubt very much that you can put one in your apartment. I could also imagine that they are against the law (fire etc). But I am only guessing.

You probably want to put it out on the balcony to avoid poisoning yourself from fumes. Am not sure about the rules of generators in apartments as most run off fuel / diesel and thus are explosive / fire risks (even if tank is “empty” after use they remain dangerous goods)

The Multipasta place we lived above last year ran their generator fairly regularly, I don't know why, and it was very noisy (though maybe it was a higher power unit). It would definitely need to be outside. On the other hand, diesel isn't explosive unless you try really hard.

My building had emergency lights on hallways to last 6 hours..! after that flashlights..! and stairs exercises.

Worst was a fire in the building, power and gas turned off, no elevators . The firemen reached the 12 th. floor but there wasn't enough water pressure on the 12th- floor hoses --!!!
The access door to the roof was kept locked , the key kept with the concierge at the ground floor reception desk..!

Make sure your building is secure..!!!

You weren't part of the countrywide outage that happened last summer and lasted all day?
You are right - forgot about that. Was abroad at the time, so it didn't register.

I'm two blocks from a large hospital, so perhaps that accounts for my good luck.

Last edited:
Indeed.....not worth the risk or hassle. If you can't survive several hours without power then you won't be able to hack living in Argentina.
Where I lived in Arizona, the power would go out from a big thunder storm. And I lived in a good sized town.

We spent a few years in Colorado. Power was supplied by a local ranchers' cooperative, so small that every Fourth of July we members got together for a picnic. Despite snowstorms, ground blizzards, and ice storms, there was never an outage. The ranchers knew they depended on power to keep their cattle alive, and kept the lines free from overhanging tree branches.

Back