Electronics And The Blue Rate

El Cipayo

Registered
I was wondering if somebody has been dealing with this situation recently

When you buy electronics, iphone,iPad iMac, galaxy 3 and the like what Would be the most economic situation

1: buy in the USA or europe(depending on where you are from or are going)
2 buy with dollar tarjeta abroad(dollar plus 20%)
3: buy in argentina with dollar blue

If you have those 3 options at your disposal, what would you take?

When you buy imported electronics (most of them) you are paying almost double -if not more- of what you would pay abroad. so, depending of country of origin and internal taxes, US would be my first choice. Europe is also expensive for us chikins.
Dollar Tarjeta for luxury electronics will likely red flag you.
Local Blue is for when you have no other options or the price difference is worth your time and convenience, even if it appears to be a little stiff.

In which way Will it red flag you if you are not the one bringing the stuff in and have a foreigner to do it?

buy with Argentine CC with 12 months without interests, you will surely gain with the blue rate...!! Also local warranty and support from store plus Spanish keyboard... with ñ etc

In which way Will it red flag you if you are not the one bringing the stuff in and have a foreigner to do it?

It's on your card. Luxury items are flagged.

When you say someone else is bringing it in, you change the subject to introducing stuff in and avoiding Customs but if you use your card the stuff might come bite you in the a$$ when you least expect it.
Remember those people years ago that had their large TV sets seised by ArBA because they were behind with their taxes... Back in those days they didn't have all the crossreference tools they are using today.

I am not worried, come on this is science fiction

Argentine A will buy à iPhone with his cc, British B Buys it in USA And brings it in Argentina as his own and later give it to person A

So customs will detain B because A bought a iPhone?

buy with Argentine CC with 12 months without interests, you will surely gain with the blue rate...!! Also local warranty and support from store plus Spanish keyboard... with ñ etc

How Would you calculate this?

I saw an iPad mini 16gb at 4000 peso at galbarino, i might be off, but the last time i checked it works out around 480 dollar

How Would you calculate this?

I saw an iPad mini 16gb at 4000 peso at galbarino, i might be off, but the last time i checked it works out around 480 dollar

That is correct the price is around US$100 more than in the USA...! Benefits of Garbarino purchase;you have the local warranty, the local keyboard, and if you purchase with an Argentine CC in 12 payments converted at blue rate the last payments will be nada! in 2014, this will make the price difference vanish...!!

The spread between the cost in the US vs. here , when buying at the Blue rate is getting close. SO much so that it is almost not worth it to worry or hassle with bringing a bunch of extra stuff in. I still do , but people here are just not buying now. It depends on the item , cost , how bad you need it , and if you can get it in.

Been shopping cars and a Ford Fiesta is US$6000.00 less today than it was a year ago due to the blue rate. Trying to decide if I should wait or not. Or until the crisis , then there will be fire sales.

12 quotas sin interes ? jajajajaja Not sure how long that will last either.

You can always pay the Air Freight. No duties , no worries...... I love my new Espresso machine from Italy.

Looking to buy a macbook air locally with blue rate. how much will it cost?

Back