Electronics And The Blue Rate

I just came in with 2 laptops , 2 iphones , ipad , i home clock radio, e reader, cordless land line phone, and a camera. They did not want to look. Not a word.

My father in law came in 2 days ago with , iphone , GPS, camera , and his cell. They made him open all his bags , hassled him , told him he had to cooperate . He is 74. Did not make him pay , but customs was a pain in the butt.

I guess it is like a box of chocolate , you never know what you are going to get in the way of a customs inspector. Maybe they just ask every 25th person , irregardless.

Came into Aeroparque one time , and there was a button on the wall. Customs made everyone push it. If it was green , they let you through . If it was red , you had to put your bags in the scanner. Talk about random !!

Some numbers (usd dollar in us - euro in Europe - blue rate in dollars

iPad 2 16gb - 499-505-760
iPad mini 16gb 339-335-557
MacBook Pro 13-25 1200-1300-1800
MacBook Pro 15-2,3 1800-1830-2600

Roughly speaking us is about 30% cheaper then Europe. And blue rate is about the same as euro rate.

I couldn't find quotes for iPod touch, iPhone 4 and 5 in Argentina, but I would be interested to know them

Cheapest way is buying in USA with argentine credit card. Prices get about 40% cheaper then

Back