Electronics And The Blue Rate

No, that's not how it works.

Right now a tourist can bring things for personal use without much issue. Getting the phone in is usually not the problem.

Thanks

So in theory they could put a 50% tag on anybody who bought more then 300 dollar abroad, even if its clothes?

I wonder also how they are going to check the balances of the 4 million Argentines who each year travel abroad. I have heard them checking if the people who bought dollars actually flew, but that seems quite easy. Checking every CC statement Sounds like a whole new ballgame

Crema, i red you link but it seems unlikely that they can control what you buy abroad with your CC other then when you enter or the products enter. If you never leave Argentina that seems pretty hard

Lets say mister A, american, permanent tourist is dating B., Argentine and she got an Argentine creditcard

A Buys a iPad mini with B's CC in the US for 329 dollars. At 5,15 And 20% surcharge will cost 2033 peso or 250 dollar blue. So this makes the iPad mini about 30% cheaper. A then gives B 50 dollar

will this be posible and what is the potential risk for A and B?

I want a GF like B she pays $250 US in CC and then accepts $50 US in return. That is true love ! The balance in trade??
If A can buy the IPAD mini in the US online with B's CC, not having the proper ID? to buy in person.

I want a GF like B she pays $250 US in CC and then accepts $50 US in return. That is true love ! The balance in trade??
If A can buy the IPAD mini in the US online with B's CC, not having the proper ID? to buy in person.

Nope 250 and 50 dollar.

Rougly, you pay her creditcard, you get 20%, she get 20%. or you could just pay her the whole amount in dollars and let her keep the 40%. For mister A it doesnt matter if he pays mac store NY 330 dollar or his gf, its still 330 dollar.

You buy online

Any 'veteran' poster can vouch for the above poster 'Kre8ivelyXposed".

Has she/he delievered what she/he promises?

Hi, I can honestly say that Kre8ivelyXposed has brought many things in for me (computers, iphones, books, even sunscreen) for several years and I've never once ever had a problem. They're very trustworthy and I've recommended them to many Argentine friends who've ordered polar watches, clothing and all kinds of things and have been using their services for a couple of years now. There are other members in the BAexpat community that will agree with me. I hope this helps.

At one point I used to run an almost full-time business flying to the US and bringing items back for people. It got harder and harder to make a margin worth going and now it's simply better in most instances to purchase the items here with Blue Dollars. The only exceptions that I can think of are obviously items not available in Argentina that you simply can't live without or if you have a connection that works for the airlines and flies for free.

You never got questions asked about your flights?

If that question was to me, then no. I was never questioned by Aduana. Some of them I even started to get to know by name. However, I never brought in multiples of any item - like a bag full of iPads. I kept as low of a profile as I could.

General question

iPad iPad mini for experienced iPad user?

On top of my head at maxim in microcentro

Mac book pro 11 12k
Mac book pro 15' 20k
Mac book pro retina 22k

I entered last year with a laptop a ps3 2 ipads a cannon 7d gopro iphone all in my hand baggage and they stopped me to open it.

I pointed out all the stuff except for the extra Ipad and he let me on my way. I think he just wanted to see what the PS3 was.

Back