Empty Bars And Restaurants

I think last week was holiday time, and everybody was at the campo, etc and did not come back till Tuesday night. The only people in town were the tourists.
Nancy

Rich one, whattawegonna do with you? Now we know how you got to be ¨"Rich One."

I think last week was holiday time, and everybody was at the campo, etc and did not come back till Tuesday night. The only people in town were the tourists.
Nancy

I was not talking about last week but about march and april and compare it with march/april 2012 and 2011

Ha ha, you know that's not how things work here, right? Restaurants feeling the pinch will just raise prices, thus continuing the cycle.

Continuing the downward spiral until the final crash. :cool:

Argentines do travel more abroad and spend more abroad so I am guessing that many of the people that stopped spending in Argentina just spend there peso abroad now

Spending Peso's overseas! You are kidding aren't you? I brought approx $200.00 back with me, and then had the bright idea of exchanging them here in Perth. Have so far tried 3 foreign exchange outlets plus 2 of the 4 major banks, just because I have always hated the words 'no, we don't do that'! As soon as they see a person with Argentine Pesos they pretty much pull up the drawbridge, yet fail to give an explanation of why they won't exchange them! If I ever get an explanation for this I'll be sure to post it here.

Spending Peso's overseas! You are kidding aren't you? I brought approx $200.00 back with me, and then had the bright idea of exchanging them here in Perth. Have so far tried 3 foreign exchange outlets plus 2 of the 4 major banks, just because I have always hated the words 'no, we don't do that'! As soon as they see a person with Argentine Pesos they pretty much pull up the drawbridge, yet fail to give an explanation of why they won't exchange them! If I ever get an explanation for this I'll be sure to post it here.
They are worthless because:
1. the AR central bank won't buy them back [ask Uruguay]
2. they decline in value ie no market

nounou - I tried to change pesos in australia as well a few months ago. Travelex refused and stated it was because thy couldnt sell them on. American Express did exchange but only the crisp, non damaged, no marked 100 peso notes. Nothing else. American express also said it was because whoever they sold them to would only accept AR$100 in perfect condition. This was a few months ago so not sure if this has changed since.

The bars might feel empty as most are table service. I've never found the bars here to have much onda.

I went out in Almagro the other night and there wasn't any space in two of the bars I like. Instead we went to a new place that had just opened up.

One of the reasons its a good place is you don't have to wait until 1am to head out unlike Mal-ermo.

Back