england germany

I would expect next world cup that the available technology be applied to the game to avoid this type of mistakes as they are doing with rugby and tennis, instant replay and then the referee to decide, better for the game, better for the teams and better for all.

Nope they won't, FIFA will simply refuse to go down that road. And in some ways, I can understand their position.... Take yesterdays "goal".... Obviously we can see that the ref made a mistake, but, the decision was made by the ref, the ball was immeadiately cleared up field, it was still "live" and in play - Lets say that when the ball went up field, the Germans had scored - So the first time after the controvesy that the ball went out of play, and the game stopped, was when Germany score... Do we then go back to a replay of the England "goal", check that it was, and allow that, so negating the German goal? In another scenario, it could have been two or three minutes before the ball went out of play, and "instant Replay" could be used.... Difficult...

Tennis and rugby, like American Football, give themselves to Instant Replay because of the Stop/Start nature of the games, as does cricket, for example. Because Football is a constant flowing game, it would be hard to apply the same form of replays to assist.....

Thats not to say that I don't believe that there could be better ways to ensure that errors like yesterdays could be eliminated, or Henry's Double Hand Ball that stopped my team reaching South Africa could be spotted..... But Instant Replay is not the way, IMHO....

Fair enough...but FIFA sooner or later will have to find a solution to this problem, the technology is there why not to use it?

I won't say it will be used for every foul on the field only in a disputed score and only after the ball stopped playing, for instance at the English goal or the Teves out of side, once the ball is out of play then the referee can stop the game for a few seconds and see the replay then decide if that was a goal or not while everyone can really see what was going on these big screens then nobody will feel guilty or cheated by an unjust decision, is a win win situation.

I can foresee this approach to the game coming on the next world cup not by FIFA but by the pressure from everyone else to fix this kind of problems once for all.

Nice to meet everybody on Sunday, it did take some of the edge of the loss...or was that the beer?

We're going to be in Gibraltar bar on Friday night if anybody fancies dropping by!

dirtyauzzie said:
Christine is coming too but I dont think she's dirty auzzie :)
sorry Jo.I got confused:cool:see you ALL in there ok?;) when is your birthday by the way?:p

World cup officiating is a joke. It's basically whoever cheats the best or fakes an injury the best wins.

What kind of grown ass man throws himself on the ground and pretends to be injured ?

I now remember why I never liked this girly sport.

Back