Estancia Recommendation

I like review websites because I don't trust professional reviewers to have the same tastes as I do. I know how to use these websites to my benefit and have had many good experiences using them, more so than less dynamic information from traditional sources.

Thats just me, other people no doubt source their information differently.

Ajoknoblauch,

Could you please share whatever resource you may use and find helpful , when traveling throughout the interior , in locating nice Estancia's to stay.

Thanks.

Looking for an estancia within 2 hrs driving distance from BsAs. I have a toddler and I want to bring my large, well-behaved dog. Is that possible? Preferrably some kind of town nearby or whatever. Not really sure what to expect or what goes on at an estancia!

Puesto Viejo, near Canuelas, I hour away, a polo orientated (fun to watch or you can take a lesson) estancia, or go riding on very safe horses. Nice little hotel, good country food, no cows though if that is what you are looking for. Their dogs are small and friendly so I suspect bringing yours would be no problem. All the polo guys take theirs. PM me if you want the details.

I spent a weekend at El Ombu de Areco with a friend and we had a great time. The website is www.estanciaelombu.com It was my friends favourite part of his trip to BA. The prices were all inclusive and the food and wine were all good.
We went horse went horse riding every morning and afternoon and everyone was friendly. A really good place to relax and get away from hectic BA.
San Antonio de Areco is a nice place too and we stopped there for an Asado on Sunday before returning to BA (Highly recommended).

Back