Estimate about the total number of expats

Futboljunkie

Registered
I have been wondering about this for some time. I don't how many foreigners live outside of gran BA but I wonder how many expats actually live in BA

It's hard to say what's an expat but personally I would think that someone who stays about a year is not really an expat.

So the question: How many expats do you think live in gran BA approx.?

If you take the 2 year rule I don't think more than a couple of thousand, maybe around 5000 or so but it's hard because many are well integrated into the society(married, Argentine (G)F, Argentine family, etc)

fred mertz

Registered
I always think of an expat as someone who was sick and tired o living where they were and decided to relocate to a "greener pasture". I never think of someone whose compan transfered them to another country for a year or two as an expat. Are people who come here to seek fame and fortune teaching English for a awhile and then move on expats? They're nomads. According to my thinking, the number of expats is relatively low.

Futboljunkie

Registered
fred mertz said:
I always think of an expat as someone who was sick and tired o living where they were and decided to relocate to a "greener pasture". I never think of someone whose compan transfered them to another country for a year or two as an expat. Are people who come here to seek fame and fortune teaching English for a awhile and then move on expats? They're nomads. According to my thinking, the number of expats is relatively low.
I don't think that someone who is teaching English here is going to last 2 years, that's why I added the 2 year rule. If he or she find an Argentine partner and decide to stay 2 plus years he becomes a expat

I do think that someone who is transfered to BA for 2 to 5 years is an expat, but I think that number is pretty low