Estimate about the total number of expats

Futboljunkie

Registered
I have been wondering about this for some time. I don't how many foreigners live outside of gran BA but I wonder how many expats actually live in BA

It's hard to say what's an expat but personally I would think that someone who stays about a year is not really an expat.

So the question: How many expats do you think live in gran BA approx.?

If you take the 2 year rule I don't think more than a couple of thousand, maybe around 5000 or so but it's hard because many are well integrated into the society(married, Argentine (G)F, Argentine family, etc)

wouldn,t like to say to be honest ,I,d only be guessing.I,ve been here for 5 years so I,m one.....

I always think of an expat as someone who was sick and tired o living where they were and decided to relocate to a "greener pasture". I never think of someone whose compan transfered them to another country for a year or two as an expat. Are people who come here to seek fame and fortune teaching English for a awhile and then move on expats? They're nomads. According to my thinking, the number of expats is relatively low.

fred mertz said:
I always think of an expat as someone who was sick and tired o living where they were and decided to relocate to a "greener pasture". I never think of someone whose compan transfered them to another country for a year or two as an expat. Are people who come here to seek fame and fortune teaching English for a awhile and then move on expats? They're nomads. According to my thinking, the number of expats is relatively low.

I don't think that someone who is teaching English here is going to last 2 years, that's why I added the 2 year rule. If he or she find an Argentine partner and decide to stay 2 plus years he becomes a expat

I do think that someone who is transfered to BA for 2 to 5 years is an expat, but I think that number is pretty low

Back